Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cultured white marble any good for BGE table?

Options
ssia

someone around me is giving some extra pieces away..

thanks!
8-d

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Nope

Little Rock, AR

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Nope
    TYVM
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Nice of them to offer, but I wouldn't bother with it.  
    Phoenix 
  • JustOneOfTheGuys
    Options
    Too soft, stains easily, very porous..  you may want to reserve a piece to use as a work surface for pastry, pie crusts and bread, however. 
    Southwestern CT
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Too soft, stains easily, very porous..  you may want to reserve a piece to use as a work surface for pastry, pie crusts and bread, however. 
    Not being heat resistant would be the biggest drawback for use in a grill table.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JustOneOfTheGuys
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Not being heat resistant would be the biggest drawback for use in a grill table.
    Excellent point..  I totally missed the “Cultured” part..  Yup resins and heat would be a problem.  Also not a good substitute for real marble for uses that I suggested earlier.. Mea culpa!  Thanks for keeping me honest. 
    Southwestern CT
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Look for left over granite, might get good deal on remnant
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Theophan said:
    ssia
    TYVM
    @MaskedMarvel,  I had to Google both of those to decipher what they meant.  Some of us don't spend so much of our time messaging on the Internet that we've learned all of these acronyms.

Is it really that hard to type 4 words?  Does it take so much time to type out 4 words that you just can't get anything else done that day?

I don't mean to be a grouchy old guy, but seriously, how hard is it to actually just say what you mean, especially if it's only 4 words long?

PSUA!

(Please Stop Using Acronyms!)

:)
    Psshhh..

it was a joke about making my post as short as possible. I didn’t even capitalize the 8-D...

sorry for the inconvenience...  smh 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Theophan said:
    ssia
    TYVM
    @MaskedMarvel,  I had to Google both of those to decipher what they meant.  Some of us don't spend so much of our time messaging on the Internet that we've learned all of these acronyms.

Is it really that hard to type 4 words?  Does it take so much time to type out 4 words that you just can't get anything else done that day?

I don't mean to be a grouchy old guy, but seriously, how hard is it to actually just say what you mean, especially if it's only 4 words long?

PSUA!

(Please Stop Using Acronyms!)

Was it really so hard to google those 4 letters?  It took you less time to do the google than it would to type out the 4 words, plus, now you've learned something FWIW.   ;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I bet @Theophan also h8s onomatopoeic spellings and letter homophones.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    tl;dr
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    You're right!   :)   I'm an old guy, hopelessly out of touch, trying, I suppose, to cling to the world the way it used to be, and grousing about these kids wanting everyone to notice their cool in-group lingo, and whatever "shocking" thing they did to their hair.  

Hadn't thought you guys were teenagers, though... GDAR ;)
  • blasting
    Options
    @Theophan  Acronyms are one thing, but the cutesy smiley faces in every post...  I sometimes wonder if a group of teenage girls have taken over my manly BBQ site.

Just poking fun - hopefully nobody is offended.  Please feel free to post a yellow frowny face.

Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    blasting said:
    @Theophan  Acronyms are one thing, but the cutesy smiley faces in every post...  I sometimes wonder if a group of teenage girls have taken over my manly BBQ site.

Just poking fun - hopefully nobody is offended.  Please feel free to post a yellow frowny face.

:s 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    Options
    blasting said:

:s 

Phoenix 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    You guys have lost your marbles

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    All of you are complaining about having to look up the acronyms, and yet no one types them out, so now I have to look them up.  
    I'm so mad I refuse to post on this thread.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• MaskedMarvel
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Holding your finger on the acronym will
    highlightnit andnoffer thenoption to “look (it) up.”

which, when done to my friend @Theophan GDAR brings me the:

“Gartner- Denowh Angus Ranch,” specializing in bioaltered beef products. Or something....

sounds delicious.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Vegas Eggus
    Vegas Eggus Posts: 152
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by cultured marble. After our kitchen remodel we had a couple of pieces of the quartz that looks like marble. I have it incorporated into my table. After a couple of years it’s discolored considerably. Threw it in the dishwasher thinking it was just dirty. Made zero difference. 
    Actually really surprised me. 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Holding your finger on the acronym will
    highlightnit andnoffer thenoption to “look (it) up.”

which, when done to my friend @Theophan GDAR brings me the:

“Gartner- Denowh Angus Ranch,” specializing in bioaltered beef products. Or something....

sounds delicious.
    Decades ago, in the earlier days of the Internet, there was actually much more use of shortcuts, acronyms, text-based emojis, etc., and when people posted something they expected to cause some friendly outrage, they'd often append <gdar> or <gd&r> (or <gr&d> after it, for "Grinning, Ducking and Running," (or "Grinning, Running and Ducking").

I don't see it much, anymore, so I thought it might be a bit of gentle "payback" if I used it, suspecting that those who insist on using these things on this forum might not know what it meant, and would get a taste of their own medicine.