Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood Lump | Looking for a deal

acolle
acolle Posts: 133
Last year I ordered 6 bags at a good price with free shipping. But I can't remember who I ordered it from!?!!

Anybody have any current tips on a good deal right now? Best I could find is @ Rockwood. $26 a bag with free shipping for orders of three.
Moved from upper left to Denver, CO | BGE LG & MMX + Kotaigrill [Hibachi]

Comments

• pab
    pab Posts: 273
    You probably bought it from Firecraft but I don't think they are in the business of selling charcoal any more. Go to the Rockwood web site as they now ship to individuals. Jonathan @stlcharcoal is a member on the forum.
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I'd check to see if your local Ace carries it. Ace has some descent coupons from time to time
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    check out my post on luck of the draw in the purchase of lump.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Like @WeberWho said. If you have Ace Hardware near, combined with email discounts, is a winner.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • acolle
    Thanks, guys. I used an ACE discount code and am picking up in store just down the street. Almost a free bag and no shipping fees! 
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Don't forget that even if your Ace hardware store doesn't have it in stock, you can always order it through their web site and have it delivered to your local store with no delivery charge.  With all the coupons that Ace sends out as part of their rewards program, you can always get a discount.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • acolle
    Yup. My ACE does not keep it in stock...  So they are dropping it off at the store for free pick-up. Plus I got $20 off.
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    edited May 2018
    I’ve said this here before and it’s worth a shot. My ACE cuts me a deal if I buy them in bulk. I get 10 at a time. They don’t usually have that many in stock so they order it but it comes right away.
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    What code was used at Ace?
    Jacksonville FL
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Assuming you can always find $5 off at Ace, I would think you'll be hard pressed to find a better price on Rockwood in most areas of the country.
    Stillwater, MN
  • acolle
    Dobie said:
    What code was used at Ace?
    I used SAVE20MAY (ends tomorrow) $20 off if you spend $150.
    TAKE10NOW if you spend $100. SPR15CC for $125.