Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Winner winner smoked lamb shoulder for dinner!

Options
There has been so much talk about smoked pulled lamb shoulders that I just had to try one out.  I picked up a nice 9-10# front shoulder of lamb from my favorite butcher on Arthur Ave in the Bronx on Saturday.  

Took it out of the fridge, trimmed it up nice and removed as much of the silver skin as possible...

Rubbed it with olive oil and Greek seasoning from Penzeys and really rubbed it in.  I let it sit on the counter for 2 hours to come up to room temp. 

Got the egg going at 8 this morning. Added 3 pieces each of pecan and maple.  Set it up for an indirect cook with a water pan underneath to catch most of the drippings.  Dialed in the temps to 250 and put it on at 9.

Wrapped it in butcher paper at the stall...

Unwrapped it around 6 tonight and put it back on to finish up.  The IT never seemed to go above 183, but I probed it  every so often and at 7ish it was like buttah.

Let the shoulder rest for 30 min in an oven that was preheated to 150 then turned off. Shredded it, added some chopped parsley and scallions and it was ready to go.  Served it in a pocket pita with tzatziki sauce, tomato, and red onions along side a loaded baked potato and a Greek salad.

The meat was sooo moist, nice smoke ring, and it was totally delish.  This one is a keeper.

Enjoy!
Southwestern CT

Comments