Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - In Your Opinion, What's the Best Live Music Record of all Time?

Options
124»

Comments

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    can't believe nobody has said Kid Rock - Live Trucker Album yet..

Image result for kid rock trucker live
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Definitely in my top 10.........

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @GATraveller Good choice, but I prefer this newer one better.
    12/31/17 Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA – Widespread Panic
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    The Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged is an outstanding sounding recording.  Still wear that one out.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hard to decide, but definitely a top 5

"OT - In Your Opinion, What's the Best Music Record of all Time? "

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Kcheves
    Kcheves Posts: 92
    edited May 2018
    Options

I don't think Rumors was live. 

For me...

"Semper ubi sub ubi"

San Diego, CA

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    @MaskedMarvel was going to post that one, but not sure enough people here have heard it.
    I asked in another thread somewhere - if you’re in raleigh for Phish lemme know let’s get a beer
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• ScarletFire
    ScarletFire Posts: 53
    Options

Lots of great stuff on here, thought I'd through in my 2 cents!
  • ScarletFire
    ScarletFire Posts: 53
    Options
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    Another vote for Nirvana Unplugged 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • DialSquare
    DialSquare Posts: 34
    Options
    Depeche Mode 101
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    @MaskedMarvel was going to post that one, but not sure enough people here have heard it.
    I asked in another thread somewhere - if you’re in raleigh for Phish lemme know let’s get a beer
    Currently don't have plans to attend.  But if I am in the area, I'll most definitely hit you up and hang.  Cheers!
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Here is another classic that hasn’t been mentioned yet

@ChillyWillis , I have this one in my SACD collection.  It is a great live recording.  As good as the playing is, I absolutely love the dialogue between the two.
    Thanks for posting.  Haven't given this one a listen in some time.
    Steve 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Havn’t seen anyone mention “The Songs Remains the Same” by Zep! A great on fo sho!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I think the fact that the following Live Albums all came out in 1976, the year I turned 16 leads me to the choose:

Frampton Comes Alive!
    Bob Seger Live Bullet
    Rush All The Worlds A Stage

What a summer.

I have the stubs from 2 of the 3 from 1976. Frampton played the Sunday Break here in Austin in May of 76. I hitch-hiked from Houston with a friend.

Good times.

Sunday Break was a rock festival held in Austin, Texas, the first of Mayday Productions, on 2 May 1976.[1]

The event was first scheduled for Saturday, May 1, but was then moved to the morrow Sunday to avoid a conflict with an election.[2] The chosen 130-acre (53 ha) site[1] was located near the northeast corner of the intersection of Interstate Highway 35 and U.S. Highway 290.[2]

The festival featured major acts of the time, such as America,[3] Peter FramptonSantana, and Gary Wright. The promoters had hoped to have The BandThe Beach BoysFleetwood MacJefferson StarshipJoni Mitchell, and Neil Young, but their schedules did not allow those to come participate. Also hoped were Paul Simon and Bruce Springsteen, who both declined.[1]

The gross income tallied $532,000, against expenses of $425,000, with an attendance of 56,000 spectators. The concert went well, with traffic flowing easily and medical assistance provided by the Austin YWCA’s[4] Middle Earth program. Police forces were not invited inside the gates.[1]

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I dont know about album but the track has to be roadhouse blues off of doors essential rarities
    Morrison at thw beginning defined it all....
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    It's no contest.  Frampton Comes Alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOr6vrIF4D8

This.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    One of my favorites.....and what a band he had playing with him at this time....(available on CD)....one of the best evva!

Bob Dylan

https://youtu.be/ae_yM6EzdZw
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Bob Seger - Live Bullet
    Dire Straits - Alchemy
    Rush - Exit Stage Left
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,268
    edited May 2018
    Options

Great album from two of the greats. The reverence SRV held for King is immediately apparent, as SRV largely steps back to give King his due credit. 

The only downside to the album is all the tracks that feature the chatting between the two. While it is great stuff, I wish they had packaged it differently so that there wasn’t an exchange between every tune, as it makes for a segmented listen. 
  • valleyboy
    valleyboy Posts: 22
    Options
    Jimmy Buffett You Had to be There and Commander Cody We Got a Live One Here
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Rolling into this weekend- I offer you the below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajto_neUIQE 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Once upon a time, during the And Justice, Black tours...before Napster lawsuits and psychiatrists and St Anger's awful snare....Metallica ruled the world. 

Lightning in a bottle.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited May 2018
    Options

Great album from two of the greats. The reverence SRV held for King is immediately apparent, as SRV largely steps back to give King his due credit. 

The only downside to the album is all the tracks that feature the chatting between the two. While it is great stuff, I wish they had packaged it differently so that there wasn’t an exchange between every tune, as it makes for a segmented listen. 
    The show was originally recorded for TV in Canada in the early ‘80s. The spoken interchanges play better on TV for sure when you can watch them chatting live on stage as a couple of legends talking shop, but personally I still love just listening to the record just as much. This is one of the only albums I listen to first track to last every single time.

Fun fact: King refused to do the show at first because he didn’t know who Stevie Ray Vaughn was. Then one of his people said “no man... that’s ‘little stevie’. Apparently he’d played with him years before once down in new Orliens by chance and always referred to him as little stevie after that because he was so young at the time. Needless to say Albert agreed to the show immediately 

Here is a link to the entire uncut episode. Worth the watch if you have the time
    https://youtu.be/gZB57b3lPQE
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Don't think it really counts, but....
    Eddie Murphy RAW
    Richard Pryor > Eddie Murphy 
    Umm.  No. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95