Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg... tent.

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,534
edited April 2018 in EggHead Forum
I stopped into the local-chain hardware store where I bought my Eggs years ago, to get a couple of 1/4x20 screws.  On my way to the cashier I wandered thru the BGE display (I rarely go there anymore since switching lump) and there was a... tent!  It stood much taller than me, was roughly Egg-shaped, kept open by those elastic-loaded tubes that most tents are erected with these days, lots of clear vinyl windows, and lots of zippered screens (I failed to note if it had upper and lower vents).  
I'd never seen one of these before, nor remember anyone mentioning them here.  This display model was on sale, $230 regularly $530.  While writing this post I went to Googlez Imagez and typed in "Big Green Egg tent" and there were a lot of different pics, but what I saw today did not appear, anywhere!  
I figured with that huge discount it was an old product that they were getting rid of, but now I'm wondering.  Anyone seen one of these before?  If not, I'll go back on Monday and take a pic of it; it was rather unique.  (EDIT:  I'll also ask if they sell a Smokeware vestibule for it....)

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

Comments