Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Kitchen Fav

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
Breville Smart Oven.  Toasts, bakes, broils just about anything...  even a 5# rib roast!!~~

Comments

• LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    Love my Breville. It’s my go to for small baking. I’ve never roasted meat but yours looks delicious. 
    IL 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I roast whole chickens in mine all the time.  It's a great little oven.  I use it more than my regular oven.

Here is a recipe I use for chicken (with a few modifications)

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/convection-oven-roast-chicken-for-toaster-oven-257638

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Rascal
    Options
    LetsEat said:
    Love my Breville. It’s my go to for small baking. I’ve never roasted meat but yours looks delicious. 
    Thank you!  Olive oil, then salt & a generous application of Herbs de Provence was the simple prep.  20 min/# @ 350F resulted in a perfect medium rare roast for 4~~
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Somewhere, Ron Popeil has a huge smile.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    @Rascal, it looks like you didn’t wrap it?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I wired an outlet into our pantry and got one so my daughter could start learning to cook. Gets used every day. 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So it's like an oven, but with the added benefit of taking up counter space? =)

I had a toaster oven in my dorm - used to broil steaks in it all the time, man that pizz off the RA.
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    one of my goto's as well i made the Yams in it tonight

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,529
    Options
    @Rascal, which size is that?  I've had one in my Amazoid "Cart" for awhile now, to replace the cheepie Black&Decker currently on my counter (it cooks fine, but the spring-loaded, analog twist timer is very inconsistent; my morning toast spans the range of skintones on a UNICEF poster  =) ).  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    So it's like an oven, but with the added benefit of taking up counter space? =)

I had a toaster oven in my dorm - used to broil steaks in it all the time, man that pizz off the RA.
    Not when it’s in the pantry. Have bread in it right now for the kids chicken sandwiches tomorrow.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    I use it ALL the time, it's always the right size for two of us. Or just me. I don't have to waste time and electricity to heat the big wall oven as it heats up in a few  minutes.

It has convection but I've never used it--saving a few minutes doesn't make much difference to me.

I made a frozen pepperoni French bread pizza tonight for dinner--added sun-dried tomatoes, onion, homemade pickled jalapenos, and fresh mozzarella. In 22 minutes it was YUM time.
    Judy in San Diego
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Love mine!  It preheats faster than regular oven, kitchen stays cooler, big enough for a 9x13 casserole, "air fryer"...Haven't used my regular oven since I got it.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• Rascal
    Options
    Botch said:
    @Rascal, which size is that?  I've had one in my Amazoid "Cart" for awhile now, to replace the cheepie Black&Decker currently on my counter (it cooks fine, but the spring-loaded, analog twist timer is very inconsistent; my morning toast spans the range of skintones on a UNICEF poster  =) ).  
    Overall outside dimensions = 18.5"w, 11"h, 13"d.  When I purchased mine, the best deal was at BB&B with a 20% off coupon (don't worry about the expiration date).
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I have the same model. We use it every day1
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    My 15 yr old microwave is making noises, but continues to operate.  It's a steaming unitasker for tortillas, potatoes, vegetables.  This will be its replacement.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,232
    Options
    Do those have a microwave in them as well? I put in a GE Advantium Speed Oven at our previous house and it was spectacular. Our new place has 10kiloton thermonuclear microwave oven that I need to replace. 
  • Focker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Bake, roast, warm, broil, proof, and toast.
    Really no need for a microwave, they're obsolete and being replaced in homes with these multi-function units.  They are more of a fire hazard though.  I'll find a way to steam stuff in it.  As that's all a microwave does well.

I've got a dealer down the street, and dimensions will work.  The red knobbed one will come home at some point.  $550 isn't bad, when you consider the lesser quality problem prone ones are around $300.  I can afford this Wolf. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just looked over and cleaned up my Kenmore, built Feb 2000.
    Almost want it to go tits up.  My luck, it will never die.

Brandon
    Quad Cities