Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled chicken salad

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

Not the most exciting cook in the world, but we tend to do it at least once a week. Dusted the breasts with some Salt Lick Chicken Seasoning, then grilled them which took about as long as it took to drink one local Belgium Triple with American hops. Cooked three breasts, but one was already done and off the grill when I took the pic.

Sliced it up and served it on a salad with a boiled egg, couple strips of bacon crumbled up, some bleu cheese and homemade ranch (which wasn't in the picture)

Quick, simple, healthy dinner and the extra chicken that wasn't eaten will be used in lunches or salads or something else this week.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    simple. healthy. perfect. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Looks great!  I bet the homemade ranch dressing took it over the top.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Yup, we do the same thing.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GrillnTX
    GrillnTX Posts: 65
    Options
    Can you share what temp you cooked at? Looks like you went direct on a raised grill?
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I was using the Adjustable Rig from the Ceramic Grill store, I think it was the second level up, so not all the way at the felt level. Most things I grill, I go around 450ish, but I think it was closer to 500 last night. I don't pay much attention to actual temps much anymore as long as its in the ballpark, I just keep an eye on the temp of the chicken and pull around155-160. Depends on how long the chicken is going to sit around until we eat it. I think I pulled it at 157 last night and draped some foil over it. By the time I had made my salad and gotten Duke's food ready, the internal temp of the chicken had climbed to 165. The main thing you need to focus on is not undercooking or overcooking the chicken, not really the grill temp. Some people like to cook at 350, some at 400, some higher. As long as you don't overshoot your IT, the chicken will come out juicy.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SoCal_Griller
    Options
    Great meal.  I need to do more like that.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot