Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North Dallas Eggfest?

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

https://www.sunnylandfurniture.com/page/Dallas-Fort-Worth-EggFest/126

Anybody hear of this Eggfest and/or plan to go? I'm not affiliated with it in any way, nor do I have any details other than what is on the website? I just heard about it on the radio yesterday and was curious. For all I know, its just a glorified sales event put on by Sunnyland Furniture. I probably won't cook at it, but if I'm not doing anything that day I might drop in and would like to meet some local Eggheads if any are attending, so anybody planning on going?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Interesting! I will definitely attend.  May decide to cook.  Have never done it before.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Shelly and I are cooking at this one!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Options
    Hotch said:

Then I will try my hardest to make it. :)

Rowlett, Texas

• Hotch
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Hotch said:

Then I will try my hardest to make it. :)
    Bring Duke with you!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Options
    I will. Any idea how big an event this is? How many people cooking? Is it the first time they are holding it?

Rowlett, Texas

• jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    Options
    I hadn't heard about it so thanks @Griffin for sharing.  I may try to attend, especially if I can meet a couple of you local guys in person and sample some of @Hotch's fare.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I talked to them the other day. They only had a few cooking spots left. That was last week. I was going to cook but may just attend this time. I don't think its that big of an event.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Griffin
    Options
    I talked to them the other day. They only had a few cooking spots left. That was last week. I was going to cook but may just attend this time. I don't think its that big of an event.

They happen to say how many spots there were in total?

Rowlett, Texas

• Hotch
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Griffin said:
    I will. Any idea how big an event this is? How many people cooking? Is it the first time they are holding it?
    @Griffin
    I believe there are only around 10 or so cooking this time.
    And yes this is their first "EggFest". Although in speaking with them they have done a few other events in the past. I believe one was the Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship. A KCBS event. So they are not new to hosting events of this type.
    With all of the marketing I think we will be VERY BUSY! :o
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Griffin said:

They happen to say how many spots there were in total?

He did not. But I don't think its more than a dozen or so.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SunnylandPatio
    SunnylandPatio Posts: 16
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This is Brad with Sunnyland.  Here are the official answers to all of the questions and comments posted above:

Yes, it is a glorified sales event as we do hope to sell some Big Green Eggs as well as hammocks for Father's Day gifts (and maybe some patio furniture too ).  But it's also a legit EggFest for those that have no interest in walking thru our front door.  In addition to the egg, there will be others here selling gifts for Fathers Day (both BBQ related and some unique ones too like Mary Kay Men).

We have 10 cooking teams signed up as of now plus chef Grady Spears will be doing a cooking demo too at 1:00 PM.  Some of the teams are new to EggFests and other are pros that I met in Athens back in April. 

You are welcome to enjoy the cooking demos for free.  People's Choice Judging Wristbands are just $1 and proceeds go to Legacy Boxer Rescue.

It is our first time holding it so we are deliberately keeping the size down to a max of 12 cooking teams so we don't overwhelm ourselves. If this goes well, Paragon asked us to considering doing another one in the fall as no one holds them around that time.  We expect around 500 during the day (but we have been told to possibly expect more).  

We have hosted the Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship for Congregation Beth Torah.  They had about 1500-2000 people based on their crowd estimates.  That event is taking place this year on Sunday, October 28th.  More details at dallaskosherbbq.com.

Marketing wise 105.3 The Fan will be doing a live broadcast and we will be promoting it via radio, TV, newspaper, digital, and social media.

Any other questions?  Email me direct eggfest18@sunnylandfurniture.com.

And lastly, I'll use it as an opportunity to plug my sponsors and partners:

105.3 The FanAmy VanderoefBanner ButterBest of GuideBig Green EggThe Burn ShopBuyers BarricadesTCE - Founding Curator Kay ThibodeauxDebbie Landry, Independent Beauty ConsultantDallas Caramel CompanyDeep Cuts DallasGood Wood GamesGrady SpearsLegacy Boxer RescueLifetime Cutting BoardsParagon Distributing CompanyPawleys Island HammocksSunnyland Outdoor Furniture, and vom FASS Park & Preston.

• SunnylandPatio
    SunnylandPatio Posts: 16
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Griffin, Lloyd and I are signed up as cooks also. Looking forward to seeing you out there.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    I hear the 105.3 guys talking about the Egg all the time.  I know it's marketing, but it sounds like a few of them are way off into it.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• SunnylandPatio
    Options
    Join us this November for the Turkey Time EggFest.  For more info visit eggfestdallas.com or check out the Facebook event below:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/885621308309291/
  • TexasRebel
    TexasRebel Posts: 100
    Options
    I'll be there!  Never been to one before so the wife and I are excited!
    Just an Ole Miss Rebel fan living in Texas.
    Hotty Toddy!
    Mansfield, TX

• rtgurley
    rtgurley Posts: 44
    Options
    Why does it bother me so much that they published the picture with the wrong date?
    Image may contain 1 person text
    XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    rtgurley said:
    Why does it bother me so much that they published the picture with the wrong date?
    Image may contain 1 person text
    Keeps out the Rif Raf...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SunnylandPatio
    Options
    We fixed it.  November 11th is the pick up day for the demo eggs.  My mistake.  
  • SunnylandPatio
    Options
    Just a heads up... for this event the People's Choice Tickets are worth real money.  The more people who vote for your item, the more money you take away (final amount will be determined by how much is brought in that day).