Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orange Chicken

UncleBilly
UncleBilly Posts: 225
edited April 2018 in EggHead Forum
Cooked up some Orange Chicken in the wok and steamed some sticky rice for Sunday night dinner.  Turned out pretty good.  Added a bit too much corn starch to the sauce so it was bit too thick, but was easily thinned out with some extra water prior to serving.

Frying the chicken pieces 
 Stir frying the veggies
The final product 

XL  Central Ohio

Comments

• Chris8938
    Chris8938 Posts: 156
    That looks super!  Wish I would have received an invite for dinner...alas, I will suffer through my own cooking.
    XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,062
    That's a nice looking good, good one.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I need to get my wok out of the garage and put it to use. For all I know, it might need to be sanded down and reseasoned its been sitting so long. That chicken looks amazing.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Looks great, I broke out the WOK yesterday as well and did some beef and broccoli. I normally have trouble with the wok getting gummed up with corn starch from the beef so maybe I need more oil or less starch. Yours looks wonderful!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Thanks guys!  I’ve really been enjoying the wok. I have found that a squeeze bottle of water and a wok brush do a nice job of cleaning the wok between cooking different ingredients.  I’ve had the gumming up issues as well when the protein is dusted with corn starch.  A quick scrub with water and the brush and then dry with some paper towels before cooking the next ingredient.  
    XL  Central Ohio
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Excellent brother....  you nailed it
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Wow I’d kill a plate of that!