Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Korean Chicken Tenders

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,487
Picked up a pkg of pre-cut chicken tenders at the Commissary, $4.  Was intending to use my recent Korean Gochujang Chicken Wing sauce recipe (believe I found it here) but couldn't find it.  I found a Korean rib sauce, sorta used that but cut down on the heat as chicken (especially breast meat) doesn't need that much.  Threw together maybe 3 Tblspns gochujang, smoked paprika, black pepper, a lump of brown sugar about the size of a Tblspn, and maybe a cup of cider vinegar.  Was a little too much vinegar, was more hot-sauce consistency than bbq sauce.  Brought the tenders to about 140 (flipping once), indirect, then dunked in sauce and finished direct, with one more brush of sauce after about 2 minutes.  Tasty!  White rice, kimchee, dill pickle and cannellini beans with fancy EVOO rounded out the meal (I know the beans are as korean as sombreros, but I wanted to try my new EVOO; it didn't suck).  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Sounds and looks great!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Im gonna have to copy this one. Well done. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Not sure if this is the recipe you are seeking, but I have posted it before.  EGGjoy!
    Chicken, Thighs, Skewered, Dakkochi, Korean, Florida Mini Fest '14

Dakkochi is a Korean street food. Skewered chicken cooked over charcoal.  Did this for the Florida Mini Fest 2014. from BBQ Brethren.

INGREDIENT:
    5 Lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
    MARINADE:
    4 Tbs gochujang
    ½ cup sake
    3 cloves garlic (grated)
    2-3 Tbs Ginger, Grated, Fresh
    1/2 small onion (grated)
    1/2 Asian or Bartlett pear (grated)
    2/3 cup soy sauce
    1 Tbs sesame oil
    1 Tbs brown sugar
    1/2 Bunch Scallions, green onions (chopped)
    BASTING SAUCE
    3 Tbs tomato ketchup
    6 Tbs Sake
    3 Tbs chilli flakes
    3 Tbs gochujang
    6 Tbs soy sauce
    4 Tbs brown sugar
    2 Tbs sesame seeds
    1 Tbs parsley
    3 Tbs Indian River Rainbow Pepper, (regular course ground black will do).
    2-3 Tbs Sesame oil.
    Garnish:
    White Sesame Seeds
    Scallions, diced into 1/8" pieces.

PROCEDURE:

1. Took 5 #'s (18 thigh pieces) of Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into apprx 1" pieces and placed in marinade in refrigerator overnight.

2. Yield was 26- 6" sticks of 4-5 pieces each. Could have added onion pieces or other , bell pepper pieces. cherry tomatoes or whatever you may want to do.

3. Cooked on BGE 350F until internal temp was 165F-170
    F. One batch was indirect and took 25 minutes or so.  The other batch was direct and took less time.  Turned and basted every 5-10 minutes.

4. Served as an appetizer with toothpicks, but could just as easily do with veggies/rice for a main meal.

Recipe Type: Appetizer, Main Dish, Poultry

Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2014/11/01**
    Web Page: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195502

Author Notes
    A batch of basting sauce did about 10-15 sticks, depending on how often and how much.

Gochujang is a savory and pungent fermented Korean condiment made from red chili, glutinous rice, fermented soybeans and salt. Traditionally, it has been naturally fermented over years in large earthen pots outdoors, more often on an elevated stone platform, called jangdokdae  in the backyard.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1180764/wow-this-is-some-recipe#latest

Richard Fl--I would use less of the chile paste until you get used to the HEAT.