Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Stand For My BGE Large

Options
2»

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Very nice.  I really was great cooking and sharing the tent with everyone....Like old times.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • derka123
    derka123 Posts: 102
    Options
    that dome looks like it got flattened, or maybe its the camera angle.
  • drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Let me know if it's easy to roll around. I have the Nest Handler because I have to go in and out of the house over a threshold. This does not look attached to the stand.
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • jazimmerman
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Tspud1 said:
    Innovative, what are those notches for on the side shelves. I like that ash drawer idea. Had something similar but didn't incorporate it into table
    The are locations for your tools to hang from. Hooks can be used in the holes or just slide you grill tongs in the slots.

The proportions on that egg look way off. The dome looks like it was squished down.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Finally got time this morning to move my BGE Large over to it's new home.
    First removed the rear piece from the base. Then put a lifting strap around the lower vent and out between the Egg bottom and dome. Had my SIL help to just drop it on to the new base. Then put the rear section back on.
    This thing rolls so smoothly and the Egg is nestled within. I'm going to enjoy this for years to come!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    Options
    I'd like to buy one of these but wish it had a handle. I have to lift mine over a threshold to get in and out of the house. The Nest Handler is a must for me. Sure looks nice though!
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I like it.  Love the ash tray and the bottom shelf.  
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    Options
    That looks great..... Love the pool too.. eggs looks more secure.. keep us posted on how the new home is in a few months.. 
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    This is going to be the table nest of my dreams!!! (after a little work with the Sawzall)

Thanks for sharing!
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • dogdad
    dogdad Posts: 1
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Way cool - Congrat's! Just priced this stand, it's some $600 dollars. Pass on that, 
    It’s $449 for the large
  • 2putts4par
    2putts4par Posts: 36
    Options
    Hey, Hotch. Thanks for sharing. Have been looking for something like this forever. I did notice that your stainless trays are switched. As it is when you drop them your eggcessories will fall because the notches face down. If you switch them you can drop your trays and everything will stay put. 
  • OshawaDave
    OshawaDave Posts: 198
    Options
    Way better looking the than OEM side-shelves and nest.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• cccoltsicehockey
    Options
    That is an awesome beefy stand.  Never seen those before.  
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Really want this setup