Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermoworks Smoke Sale

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Great sale. 
    Bump
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Must resist 
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Saw this also. You guys like them?
  • Hntrss
    Hntrss Posts: 16
    Ordered .  Thanks 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I really like mine! 
    Good sale! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Much easier to use than Maverick that I had
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Well, according to a random internet fuel usage calculator, I'm saving about $75 by taking the Civic to BB this weekend instead of the truck. The open box Smoke is $76. Coincidence, I think not.

FYI, for any and all newcomers, this place might have free registration, but it ends up costing real money.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    A couple of things pulling at a proud owner of a gen 1 and gen 2 pen, chef alarm, and fb200....

1.  The remote monitoring of the Karubecue indoors.  Chef Alarm works, outdoors, but this would be nice to have an add log alarm on standby wherever I'm at.  And the Chef Alarm would then be dedicated to oven and frying duties.

2.  Using the smoke to monitor 2 pits simultaneously.

C'mon guys, push me off the edge.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DMW
    Focker said:
    A couple of things pulling at a proud owner of a gen 1 and gen 2 pen, chef alarm, and fb200....

1.  The remote monitoring of the Karubecue indoors.  Chef Alarm works, outdoors, but this would be nice to have an add log alarm on standby wherever I'm at.

2.  Using the smoke to monitor 2 pits simultaneously.

I think you just talked yourself into it. Get the credit card out and do the deed.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    @Focker @DMW I bit the bullet and got one!! Your turn!! I have wanted one for the KBQ for a while. Oh well it’s only money$$
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • DMW
    sancho65 said:
    @Focker @DMW I bit the bullet and got one!! Your turn!! I have wanted one for the KBQ for a while. Oh well it’s only money$$
    I did as well. Money is really not that important. I mean, it's not like there's a mortgage to pay off and kids to send to college or anything...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Focker
    edited April 2018
    Thanks guys, the push I needed.
    Order in.

Good to see ya posting Sancho.  I think this will be great for the Dragon. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

I like it.  The probes are less robust than my K probes.  That's my only complaint.  Otherwise - great unit.  Perfect for me, in that I don't use a controller but don't want to always walk out to check temps.
    Phoenix 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    blasting said:

I like it.  The probes are less robust than my K probes.  That's my only complaint.  Otherwise - great unit.  Perfect for me, in that I don't use a controller but don't want to always walk out to check temps.

They replaced my meat probe, no questions asked. I did ruin a prime rib roast since the temp never got over 125 on probe. Thermapen said 185 when I finally checked.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Ordered. Thanks for spending my money.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Focker
    FYI their probes are 40% off as well...ordered an extension and extra air probe.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities