Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless pork chop

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Inlaws comming over, give me a quick easy recipe for boneless pork chops, time and temp please. Oh and direct or indirect too.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    direct. grill it.
    try 450/500, forget how long. allow maybe 2.5 to 3 minutes a side..[p]takes its temp when you . shooting for 140 on the grill, 145+after resting.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • MakoBBQ
    MakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    If you dont have much time i would soak them in Worcestershire sauce, then put some dizzy pig or other spices on them. Cook them direct about 400 degrees but be careful not to overcook them. Enjoy.

• TulsaMurph
    Options
    I cook boneless pork chops about 1 1/4" thick or so at about 375 - 400. I think I go about 5 minutes per side and leave them on until internal is about 150°, but some say that is too long. I think total cook time is between 12 and 15 minutes. Mine come out juicy and wonderful. Some lemon pepper or Garlic salt goes nicely on pork, or of course, Dizzy Pig has several good choices.

Another really good way to cook them is to cut the fat off, then flatten them out with a meat hammer, much like you would chicken. Flatten them out fairly thin. Sprinkle your favorite spices, place provolone cheese slices (swiss might be good, too) on top, then roll them up and wrap them with bacon and use a couple of tooth picks to keep them together. Cook at about 375 turning them every 5 or 6 minutes until the outside is nicely cooked and the inside measures about 145 +/- to your liking. When served, they will ooze cheese as you cut them into slices. Each roll is a good sized meal. It seems to work nicely to have a smallish fire, only up to the bottom or about half way up the fire ring. The fire being a little further from the grill seems to keep the cheese from melting too quickly.

Enjoy!