Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blackstone 36 in SS on sale

ryanttryantt Posts: 2,146
edited April 2018 in EggHead Forum
XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
Massillon Ohio 
Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq

Comments

• epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 2,134
    ryantt said:
    That is a nice looking unit. I have the 17" and like it a lot, and I have a couple of griddles I use on an old Weber gasser, or I might be tempted by this stainless 36".
    Look at the photos on the HD website. None of the photos of the stainless 36" show the drip tray. I just find that amusing.
  • blastingblasting Posts: 6,262
    ryantt said:
    I’ve just sent  swmbo the link!!!! I’m hopi g I get permission to pull the trigger.  I know I should have ordered it and then ask for  forgiveness.   Rookie mistake on my part.  

permission? forgiveness?  My man, you're killing me.

otoh, somebody had troubles with the stainless version warping - just a heads up.

Phoenix 
  • jdkeithbgejdkeithbge Posts: 310
    That's a great deal.  I looked back at my Amazon order from a little over a year ago, and I paid $323 for mine.  Have had no issues with warping. @ryantt FYI when I asked to get a Blackstone my better half said I had to get the SS version.  It was going in a built-in outdoor kitchen so it does look nicer I suppose.  Anyhow maybe that will work in your favor.  Good luck!
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,826
    You'll be seeing more marked down with the new models rolling out.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • ryanttryantt Posts: 2,146
    That’s true @tarheelmatt maybe if she says no I’ll just buy the new one and act confused when she’s mad.  
    Massillon Ohio 
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,638
    I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this. I mentioned it to my wife. She said I have to get rid of something if I buy it. I didn't say it out loud, but...
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 12,957
    DMW said:
    I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this. I mentioned it to my wife. She said I have to get rid of something if I buy it. I didn't say it out loud, but...
    Mine has said the same thing in the past. I wait a few weeks, then act surprised when it shows up at the door,  or in my truck.

Like the Doomsday Clock, I'm probably only seconds away from total destruction. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726
    @DoubleEgger gave his away.  I love my 36.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 2,446
    Isnt the griddle surface the same either ss or regular? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMWDMW Posts: 13,638
    Yes.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726
    edited April 2018
    Yes.  Only the skirt is different.  Which is where @DoubleEgger experienced problems. I 
    Love my bs.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • littlerascal56littlerascal56 Posts: 955
    edited April 2018
    I would sell my 1 year old BS36 model for $100 and upgrade to the stainless for $259 anytime!  A no brainer!

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++2 Weber Kettles

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 31,306
    Used mine last night for the first time in a while...

Cooking rice can be injurious.   Explodes like popcorn and will spray hot oil on ya.  WATCH OUT!!

• tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,826
    Cooking rice can be injurious.   Explodes like popcorn and will spray hot oil on ya.  WATCH OUT!!
    Kinda like cooking bacon without a shirt?  No biggie there, do that all day everyday.  Man up yo. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • jdkeithbgejdkeithbge Posts: 310
    @nolaegghead never thought about using pearl onions in fried rice but that looks good!  Think I will try that next time.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 10,322

Looks like the main difference is a drip tray on the back. Just mu $.02 but if I didn’t have one I would wait for that upgrade. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ryanttryantt Posts: 2,146
    That’s one fine looking cook @nolaegghead
    Massillon Ohio 
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 2,663

Looks like the main difference is a drip tray on the back. Just mu $.02 but if I didn’t have one I would wait for that upgrade. 
    How do you clean the drip tray if it’s out of reach over a hot griddle??

I like my fix for the drips- I think it’s  called a fencing nail.... takes everything I throw at it, no problem. 

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,694
    ryantt said:
    That’s true @tarheelmatt maybe if she says no I’ll just buy the new one and act confused when she’s mad.  
    Oh i just thought you meant no on the STAINLESS one. . . I am soooo sorry. . . . 
    LBGE, MiniMax - 17, 22, and 36"Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,694

If that is the correct way to put the shelf on underneath, mine is on upside down.  I wanted it to wipe off easily and not have to try to get all the crud out of the corners, etc.  
    LBGE, MiniMax - 17, 22, and 36"Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 12,957
    Looks like there is a lip on the front now. Finally. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 6,400
    caliking said:
    Looks like there is a lip on the front now. Finally. 
    Yeah that should've been a no brainer from the beginning. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 2,083
     I must be in the minority on this forum.  If I purchase something that I will cook her dinner on there will never be a complaint. We talked about this, I said "these guys are catching flack for buying grills and accessories that they are going to use to cook their family dinner!"  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    ryantt said:
    Thanks for the tip ryantt!  I ordered one on-line and it will be at my local store in a couple of days.

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 681
    also available through amazon prime for the same price, shipped to home in 2 days.  Considering buying, buy weighing the benefits on the new version vs the old version.
    Athens, GA
    Large BGE and a Kamado Joe Jr.  Perfect pairing!