Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked turkey breast

Options
RustyBeavers
RustyBeavers Posts: 39
edited April 2018 in EggHead Forum
Turkey breast for dinner tonight. They took about 3 hours at 250. Rubbed with DP Raging river. (Couldn’t get the dog to cooperate in the last pic)

Dallas, TX

Comments

• enderw30
    enderw30 Posts: 58
    Options
    Very nice. I did one this Wednesday and was very pleased with the results of me weeknight meal. I ran my egg a little hotter more because of time constraint than anything else. What temp did you pull them at?
  • RustyBeavers
    Options
    enderw30 said:
    Very nice. I did one this Wednesday and was very pleased with the results of me weeknight meal. I ran my egg a little hotter more because of time constraint than anything else. What temp did you pull them at?
    With how slow the temp was rising during the cook , I pulled right at 165. I didn’t have faith the carry over would get it there if I pulled early. I felt like it could have been moister so maybe I made a mistake 
    Dallas, TX

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Couldn't get the fork to cooperating either, huh? 

At least it was clean.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    If there had been one in the meat counter Saturday, I would be cooking one this week. Moist and tasty, these are great off the egg.
    Cooking on the coast