Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: For My Army Friends

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Wouldn’t a smart person have put this in Off Topic?  ;)
  • CTMike
    Options
    I put OT in the title, figured that covered it. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I thought this would be a cooking thread. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You might be on to something here....

1. Branch of Service. Branch of service is broken down into Army, Marines, Air Force, and Navy (the Coast Guard was not included in this study). If you are a Marine, you are 2 times more likely to die compared to the Army, 10 times more likely to die when compared to the Navy, and 20 times more likely to die when compared to the Air Force. In fact, if you are in the Navy or Air Force, you have a much lower death rate than a healthy, young civilian in the United States. 

...but maybe not the "smartest".  What's the opposite of bravery called?
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I thought this would be a cooking thread. 
    Nah, just another Friday night stirring the sh!t pot thread. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    And a plane with 15 marines and a corpsman crash and died in my state.
  • CTMike
    Options
    And a plane with 15 marines and a corpsman crash and died in my state.
    Hadn’t heard that, thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of those lost. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Melania was one of the first to tweet her sympathies to their families.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    The Jehovah’s Witnesses even annoyed me when they rang my doorbell this morning. Wearing black dresses at that.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just let the ASVAB scores serve as the playing field.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    When i was on recruiting duty, the army was the only service taking cat IV asvab scores (21-30). Basically what everyone else called a test failure. (I recruited 2013-2016 so this isnt ancient history)

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    BZ!!!!  CTMike said:

Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

...but maybe not the "smartest".  What's the opposite of bravery called?
    Damn nola. I hadn’t even put pants on this morning and you’ve committed the forum to an Army/Navy squabble. 

Time to put on the coffee. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options

Ditto

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @JRWhitee we can have some fun at their expense for a few hours. They won’t be up until brunch. 

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @CTMike couldn't that wait until after Butt Blast?  Maybe you were just thinking of all the under the surface butt blasting you are your other sub buddies did back in the day!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @CTMike couldn't that wait until after Butt Blast?  Maybe you were just thinking of all the under the surface butt blasting you are your other sub buddies did back in the day!
    @thetrim I think he is my cabin neighbor. 

Let the hijinx begin!

South of Nashville, TN

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

Guns and boats are fun, but ICBMs and bombers make Policy.  

B) 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    When i was on recruiting duty, the army was the only service taking cat IV asvab scores (21-30). Basically what everyone else called a test failure. (I recruited 2013-2016 so this isnt ancient history)
    I’ve heard that the entrance requirements in the Army fluctuate greatly depending upon the staffing levels needed at the time. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @DoubleEgger - not sure where that policy is today but a few months back during the annual congressional testimony the Army was told to end the practice of lowering their standards to gain recruits.  The recruiting arena is a tough one.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Recruiting is actually the worst thing ever. I was in the Marines and we were strict. Did a lot of coaching to get kids through Meps. 

Recruiting is what made me decide to eas after 12 years. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @JRWhitee we can have some fun at their expense for a few hours. They won’t be up until brunch. 
    I think he is expecting me to feed the fire after hours at BB, yeah right. I'm probably not smart enough to handle it.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DoubleEgger - not sure where that policy is today but a few months back during the annual congressional testimony the Army was told to end the practice of lowering their standards to gain recruits.  The recruiting arena is a tough one.  
    Until the next time we need a bunch of soldiers...  
  • thetrim
    Options
    Now that they’re cutting off the transgenders, how can they fill their quota?
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    edited March 2018
    Options
    thetrim said:

It’s not gay if you’re underway, it’s only queer if you’re at the pier. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    Botch said:

Guns and boats are fun, but ICBMs and bombers make Policy.  

B) 
    Submarine launched ICBM’s set even more policy.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

JRWhitee said:
    I think he is expecting me to feed the fire after hours at BB, yeah right. I'm probably not smart enough to handle it.
    I’m not expecting anyone to help feed the fire, but any voluntary help is definitely appreciated. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Army Navy Baseball starts at 1100 on CBS Sports Network if anyone is interested.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95