Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Appetizer ideas for leftover Pulled Pork?

Options
2»

Comments

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Ditto on the Egg Rolls and there was a post on here for "Pig Cakes" that looks worthy of trying...might be a little much for appetizers, but you could make a smaller patty and make em sliders.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think your original idea of a dip sounds really good. Combine all the ideas so far and make a pulled pork nacho abt dip. Serve it with Frito scoops, Tostito Scoopes, Tortillas, and Biscuits. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    When I made my last comment, I managed to scroll right past those pulled pork mini pies. Those look incredible man. Hot pocket! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ok @Teefus how do you make those? Rolled tortilla and bake?
    In short, yes, but not my recipe. Here's where I got it. Simple and tasty. I like to supplement he flavor profile with Southwest themed spices and finely minced onion.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    And in conclusion, the Pulled Pork Pasties when off very well!

I made a bath with 4 pie shells (looked very similar to above) and found the smaller the better.  no more than a heaping teaspoon of filling per pastie as they were pretty rich, BUT, everybody ate them all and they went before much of the other food.

I think you could really play with the filling but these were butt simple.  I brought them along uncooked and stuck them in the oven there.  I would think you could also freeze them right after making them.

Hope everyone had a great St. Patty's day.
    LBGE/Maryland