Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chain of Lakes EggFest...

Options
Morning All:

I spent today cooking at the 1st Annual Chain of Lakes EggFest in Winter Haven, FL hosted by Mannix Pools...first off I want to compliment BJ & his staff for putting on an EGGCELENT fest...the location was top-notch (a picture in a moment) & the staff were constantly stopping by to see if anything was needed (& to get food)...I was there by myself as Kathy was FANTASTIC & stayed with MomT for the day...got to see some old friends (Poolman Pat & his brother, George & Ruth, Florida Grillin' Girl (Faith), Luke & Missy, Rick & Jen, Marcia, Dr. BBQ & I'm sure there are a couple I'm forgetting) plus made some new friends...Here was my set up...

And the view from my spot...

With Kathy not being there I didn't get many food pictures, but did cook a Sausage/Cheese roll, a Ham/Swiss/Asiago roll, only one piece of Picanha & of course some Shrimpburgers...Here is the Sausage/Cheese roll ready to come off...

Slicing & ready for serving...

Some of the Shrimpburger bites ready to eat...

Back to BJ & how well organized this fest was...I've been to more than 35 EggFests in my 16 years of being an Egghead & one item in the cook's "swag" bag ranks right up there near the top (if not the top)...a beautiful 7" Asian Slicer monogrammed with the Fest logo & date...

I was also lucky enough to win one of the raffle items (no picture)...a Griswold #10 Cast Iron skillet...both the knife & skillet will get a LOT of use!

Oh yeah, also ended up doing two interviews with radio stations covering the event...first with Max 98.3, then with The Bone 102.5 "Flavor of Tampa" with Ian Beckles & Dr. BBQ (they liked the Shrimpburger bites )

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments