Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs weekend

Options
Beef ribs yesterday, baby backs today.

Grilling year round in Orlando, FL on a large BGE & Santa Maria

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Very unique prep. Please expound   
  • HoosierBBQ
    Options
    Beef ribs and 1 rack of baby backs pretty standard. Dizzy pig for both with Red Eye on the beef ribs and Dizzy Dust on the baby back. I tried to get different on the one rack of baby backs.

Marinated in rum for an hour, threw on some Walkerswood hot and a rum bbq sauce to finish. I think the sweetness of the rum balanced well with the spicy jerk flavor. Would definitely do it again as an occasional switch
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Those sound and look WONDERFUL!!!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Beef ribs and 1 rack of baby backs pretty standard. Dizzy pig for both with Red Eye on the beef ribs and Dizzy Dust on the baby back. I tried to get different on the one rack of baby backs.

Marinated in rum for an hour, threw on some Walkerswood hot and a rum bbq sauce to finish. I think the sweetness of the rum balanced well with the spicy jerk flavor. Would definitely do it again as an occasional switch
    I too like a departure from the straight and narrow bbq path. Bravo!
  • HoosierBBQ
    Options

I too like a departure from the straight and narrow bbq path. Bravo!
    Notice how I did a straight and narrow though just to be safe lol. Gotta make sure I please SWMBO as well