Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Stainless Table for my Large Egg

Options
I recently brought home one of tspud1’s stainless tables and just moved the LBGE over to it.  I’m in awe of how nice the table is and quickly realized just how dirty my Egg and other cookers are.  I now have the centerpiece of my outdoor cooking area and now need to design the areas around it.

Thanks tspud1!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Beautiful table!

Can I ask what kind of smoker you're playing with on the left side of the table?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I sent you a list of cover people I know about
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Beautiful table!

Can I ask what kind of smoker you're playing with on the left side of the table?
    Thanks! The smoker on the left is a Humphrey’s Weekender on a cart.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    One year I am gonna win the Xmas giveaway. @Tspud1 produces some gawjus stuff. Happy you are helping put some food on his table.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    I sent you a list of cover people I know about
    Thanks a lot!

Bay Area, CA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful table.  I can attest to the high quality of his tables.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    Any information on where I can buy one of those tables for my large. Thank you
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    http://www.outdoorkitchenequip.com/

Or send a message to Tspud1 who is here on the forum.

Bay Area, CA
  • Tspud1
    Options
    One year I am gonna win the Xmas giveaway. @Tspud1 produces some gawjus stuff. Happy you are helping put some food on his table.
    I lost my shirt on this table. It would have been a bigger loss if R2Egg2Q hadn't helped a fellow egghead out on this. Just found out today replacement table still hadn't been delivered to original customer in Sausalito.
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    I lost my shirt on this table. It would have been a bigger loss if R2Egg2Q hadn't helped a fellow egghead out on this. Just found out today replacement table still hadn't been delivered to original customer in Sausalito.
    I was glad to help out.  I was wondering if he’d received it yet.  They’re going to have “fun” getting it to him (hilly narrow streets) and down to where he wants it (down a bunch of stairs) but ultimately it’ll look awesome with his view of the bay. I’m sure he’s going to enjoy it.  

He seemed pretty excited about cooking on his Egg.  He hadn’t been introduced to Rockwood before so I gave him a bag and some pointers.

Bay Area, CA
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    http://www.outdoorkitchenequip.com/

Or send a message to Tspud1 who is here on the forum.
    Thanks for the info."R2"
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Beautiful table!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Very nice. Do the doors/drawers have gaskets to reduce or prevent moisture?
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Beautiful table John, I can see one of these in my future. Just have to figure it out how to get it passed my wife :-)
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    dstearn said:
    No the doors/drawers don’t have gaskets.

Bay Area, CA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Beauty :plus_one:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Tspud1
    Options
    dstearn said:
    Internal frame that doors and drawers fit up against 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    dstearn said:
    The drawer on mine has not allowed any moisture in.
  • Tspud1
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Tspud1 said:
    dstearn said:
    A lot of people also use a cover 

• bgebrent
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    bgebrent said:
    Tspud1 said:
    dstearn said:
    A lot of people also use a cover 

Mines been uncovered.  A cover is in its future.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    First damaged one within 200 miles of Phoenix I will claim :smiley: they are my favorite tables.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Tspud1
    Options
    First damaged one within 200 miles of Phoenix I will claim :smiley: they are my favorite tables.
    If one comes up, I will let you know. It's a hassle and on this one the customer didn't sign for it damaged. Truck line wouldn't bring it back so I marked it down a lot to avoid selling for scrap. Then I paid for new table to be shipped. The freight claim will take months to run it's course. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Have today off so I installed the drop down shelf that arrived a few days ago.

Tip to anyone looking to get a cover, remember to measure AFTER you install everything.  With the addition of the drop down shelf this cover from The Cover Store (style 168 for a 60" x 30" x 30") won't fit anymore.

Bay Area, CA
  • Star_TrEGG
    Options
    Can't wait to see it up close!
    BGE Large, MiniMax & Mini; Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" & E-310 natural gas; CyberQ Cloud; Flame Boss 200; ThermoWorks Smoke & Thermopen Mk4
    Washington, DC Metro Area
  • Tspud1
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:

Tip to anyone looking to get a cover, remember to measure AFTER you install everything.  With the addition of the drop down shelf this cover from The Cover Store (style 168 for a 60" x 30" x 30") won't fit anymore.

What material is that cover?
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    R2Egg2Q said:

What material is that cover?
    Made from 300D stock-dyed polyester.  Only a 3 year warranty. A little thinner than I’d like.  I’ll check out the other cover suppliers you mentioned.

Bay Area, CA
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Local upholstery shop might be able to make one from you current one(measurements)when the time comes. Sunbrella is a good but expensive material. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Look for a 900 denier polyester or if you want to step up a little something like a solution dyed acrylic (sunbrella or equivalent) 

the sunbrella isnt waterproof but has a water repelleant finish and will breath
    Greensboro, NC