Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adam Perry Lang Cookbook should I buy

Options
I have seen several references to Adam Perry Lang's cookbook      am wondering if i should buy it   any recommendations    and what makes it special
I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston

Comments

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    It was a must for me. Adam Perry Lang is a CIA graduate, a real chef. He worked as a chef in Paris. He understands food, the senses and eating. The book, I assume you are referring to 'Serious Barbecue', is outstanding. All of the recipes are in a described fashion: Direct, Indirect and Ceramic. It's my go to when I'm unsure of a cook or want ideas.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Good read. Good recipes. I’d recommend it. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    I think it helped me improve my game. I'd advise to set aside extra time as his recipes (that I've cooked) are on the elaborate and time consuming side.
    Mountain View, CA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I'd get Serious Barbecue first, but Charred and Scruffed is also very good.
    NOLA
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I agree with @dmourati that the recipes are often on the complex side, but it's a great book. 

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I use it quite regularly...when time allows. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    I think it's great, was hitting a wall with things to cook differently than the basics. Enjoy the more involved recipes that are in the book.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    My go to cookbook. Agree with @dharley

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Thanks will get it
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    serious bbq is a good read.  interesting to see what he does to build flavor.  i never entirely completed one of his recipes though.... soooooo many steps.  but lots of good ideas
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle