Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT::Argentina Dove Hunt::OT

My beautifully amazing wife just bought me a 4 day trip to Argentina to go dove hunting. I hear nothing but exciting things about the dove hunting there. Have any of you had the pleasure of checking this off your bucket list? 
Large BGE Dallas, TX

Comments

• My boss did it. He said it was really cool
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • I have not done it myself but know several guys who have. Take a recoil pad for your shoulder. Some of these guys come back saying they shot in excess of 1,500 rounds a day. One of the guys I know had to miss a couple days because his shoulder was too beat up to shoot any more.

I hear the food is quite excellent also.

Here's wishing you a great trip!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Very nice. Take several high quality guns with you. They are going to get a workout. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
     make sure you plan for the additional ammo charges. You are going to shoot a lot more than the allotment they give you :)

Have a great time- last time I was in Argentina there were 5 guys on my flight home that did a week long hunt. They all had a really amazing time. It’s on my bucket list for sure-

congrats on the awesome gift from your wife. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • I have done it.

4 days is perfect.  I did 7, and I got bored.

Of course the lodge is what dictates the enjoyment outside of the hunting.  Our lodge was great,  Great people, amazing food, better wine.

enjoy it!
  • It’s on my bucket list. Probably for my 40th. My buddy did it last year. Said it was incredible. 

He said gel packs for night and a recoil pad saved his life. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    Very nice. Take several high quality guns with you. They are going to get a workout. 
    Gotta disagree with that.
    I would rather burn up the barrels on their guns and not mine. They'll take a beating for sure.
    The dove fly down there like swarms of locust. In fact they're considered to be a nuisance and cause millions of dollars worth of crop damage. They don't go to waste though. They bulldoze the piles of dead birds and feed the livestock and locals with them.
  • My son went in November and had a great time. He used their guns. You go through a boat load of shells and have to buy through the lodge.  He had a great time. I am sure you will too!
    Dacula, GA       LG & MM BGE's   
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    I went about a year ago and would do I again in a heartbeat. My advise is to get there early if you can and spend a couple of days in Buenos Aires and a couple in Cordoba.
    Rent the gun from the lodge.
    Get a shoulder pad that has a strap in the back to hook to your belt.
    Always wear a soft T-shirt next to your skin.  
    Our 4 day hunt was a half day, 2 full days and another half day, easy to shoot 1000 rounds on a full day and that was all I wanted.
    The bird boys count any shot that draws feathers as a kill so don’t be intimidated or impressed when someone says they killed 3000 birds 
    When you get home tell everybody that the bird boys picked up all the birds and gave them to the neighbors. 
    Food and beverages were superb including lunch in the field
    Which outfitter are you hunting with?
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    I have heard from local folks that it's a blast and a massage at the end of the day tops it off...  Don't think any "happy endings" but hey who knows...hahaha
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • bhugg
    bhugg Posts: 317
    Proser said:

The lodge is Posta Del Norte. I think it is run by FlyWays.
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • Proser
    bhugg said:
    Proser said:

That’s the same one we used. Great guys, first class all the way. What time of year are you going?
  • bhugg
    Proser said:
    bhugg said:
    Proser said:

That’s the same one we used. Great guys, first class all the way. What time of year are you going?
    I am hoping March 2019. 
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I would love to take my son on one of these trips. He would love it more than I would, but I would just like to see how thrilled he would be on a trip like this.
    It’s on my bucket list. Probably for my 40th.

I missed the 40 window a long time ago!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Proser

I am hoping March 2019. 
    We went late Feb 2018, It was hot, just like hunting at home. Because of the time of year, we did have to take a 90 minute van ride out to the field for the two full day hunts. PM me if you want any more information 
  • bhugg
    I am starting to get a packing list together for the trip. Any often forgotten suggestions to make the trip better? 
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • Proser
    The important things are soft t shirt next to your skin, good shoulder recoil pad with strap in the back to keep it in place and money for shells and a massage on the second full day.
    Good shooting gloves and ear protection. I used plugs rather than muffs. You don’t need a bag for shells

Swim suit and flip flops for the pool.

They do laundry every day so don’t bring to much

It will be hard not to have a good time
  • bhugg
    as far as gloves and recoil pad...any recommendations?
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • Proser
    PM sent