Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wood duck Wednesday (moved to Thurs)

Options
So what I had planned on cooking last night got moved to tonight. 
Wood duck poppers ...
Wood duck breasts were marinated for approx 24 hours in my secret concoction before being wrapped in cream cheese and bacon.

Also started cooking the red beans and rice . Added some famous sausage to the pot..made right here in bammy..conecah county sausage 

Went back out checked the poppers...cooking just as planned

Well that pecan pie was so good..had to cook another..used eggs straight from my chickens ..

All turned out good...girlfriend approved

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice. Wish I was there. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    That is a lovely looking plate of food.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Your pie looks a little lopsided.  ;) 

Everything looks great! Good job.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    That might just be a perfect day in my book! There’s nothing quite like a trip to the wood duck hole. Woodies and teal are hands down my 2 favorite ducks to eat. 
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Another great post! Everything looks really good.

Can you post the recipe for the Pecan Pie or link to it? I'm not finding it. It seems to me I made that same pie a while back, but I can't find the recipe.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I would devour that.  Those poppers look killer.  I have some teal in the freezer.  Gonna have to give that a go.  Just the marinated breast wrapped with bacon and topped with a jalapeno?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @saluki2007 don't forget the cream cheese!

@Cashfan I'll pm it to you this pm 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful dinner you had there. Looks like a little leveling my be in order. If you are like me, maybe one day. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Have loved Conecuh Sausage ever since my friend from Alabama introduced me to their products. He has a brother who ships it from home and it is a better product than the Publix version available here. Your red beans and rice looks awesome. Blue Bell and Pecan pie wouldn't last long here. Nice cook. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.