Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it just me...FB site vs Forum

Options
124»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited January 2018
    Options
    veewt said:
    Griffin said:
    The best BGE Facebook page ever was Tweev's fake page. I have never laughed so hard at the internet in my life. He set it up as the corporate BGE page and just savaged people. He had thousands of followers and They let it go on for months. 

Once they shut that down, I was out of the BGE facebook page game.  The few fanboy pages that I have seen suck balls. 
    Does anyone have screenshots from that?
    god I hope so but I don't. He would start a Thanksgiving post by saying something like

"show us what you are cooking to celebrate the decimation and murder of indigenous people"! People would actually post food pics. 

when people posted stuff they had cooked he would say things like "You probably shouldn't eat that, you are fat"

He would insult people and they would say, "I'm never buying one of these f*cking things as long as I live" then he would say something like "you probably couldn't afford it anyway". 

And everyone thought it was BGE corporate!

He ran some scam throwdowns that scooped up some of our own early bloggers as well. He was manipulating the votes to make it look close and people were coming on here saying "I just need a few more votes to catch up to Juanita's Muffins" (or burger or something- forgot the exact food) and people would go on there and vote for the forum guy. Tweev was Juanita and the admin so he would let people get close then Juanita would sprint to the lead at the last second. 

It was epic. 

Not quite how it happened. Tweev was not Juanita (I know her) nor was he the admin (That was some chili company), but he was running some kind of program that was voting over and over and again and screwing with the counts). I was the blogger, but I didn't start the post here asking people to vote for me. That was somebody else. Tweev and I didn't get along and that was no secret and he made it so that I lost...at least that is how I understand how things turned out. I could be wrong, but I no longer care. Thing was a mess and it pissed everybody off that was involved. Man, that feels like a lifetime ago. I do remember the chili mix sucked when made according to the package and I think I dusted some shrimp with it and made some kind of pasta. I felt bad that I ever got involved in it and that things got so out of hand. There were 3 other bloggers. Juanita's Cocina, The Unorthodox Epicure and some and some other lady from South Texas that I can no longer remember.

Oh, and I was on a FB for like a week. Seemed like every post was how do I cook a brisket? Pork butt? Ribs? Got old quick and I left.

Those were some good times.  Truly a couple life times ago.  I learned a lot about Chinese proxy servers.  Happy Holidays Everyone.  Your president is shitballs insane.
    Latency and uptime are problems with the Chinese proxy servers.  Not that it matters.  Yeah, shitballs insane.  But masturbatory idolization material for the brah-members @pgprescott and @Focker...the Shakespearean forum fools keep us entertained with their brilliance and dog fetish.
    Options
    I didn't know there was a facebook group...

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    BGE Facebook = San Francisco
    Eggheadforum = Oakland

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA