Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How often do you use your BGE?

Options
2»

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Had mine for over 4 years still at 2-3 times a week. 

My my dad had his for 12 years before I got mine and was using it 2-3 times a week till he was too sick to do so.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Almost every nite.  Now that eggs are finally together and we have moved will go back to egging dailey.  Food Just taste better off the egg.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited January 2018
    Options

Just a thought - the easier a person makes it, the more you will use it.  By that I mean, keep the lump, smokewood, lighting method, cleaning method etc near the egg.  If you've got to make a bunch of trips to the garage, you'll use it less.

One of the best things you can do is make sure your grilling area is well lit.  I can light up my cooking patio like it's high noon, so darkness is not a factor.

Phoenix 
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    As often as possible since we retired. Only use the oven to reheat what I previously cooked. Novelty hasn't worn off as there are so many things to try that I never knew about until I joined the forum. Oh, and hug that guy who bought the Large for you. He's a keeper in my book!
    Really well said!

please allow me to add that the folks here daily add incredible wisdom ....and occasional  humor ...that  may become addictive ...personnally ...I am working with a therapist to cure the addiction... Some really funny SOB's here.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    In the winter 2-3 days per week. I've cooked the last two days and it hasn't gotten above 11 degrees. In the summer at least five days per week. Once went twenty-six straight days. It hasn't lost that lovin feeling yet. It's gotten much worse. If the bug catches you like it did me, you'll soon have your butchers cell number so you can text your "needs" for the weekend on Wednesday. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    blasting said:

One of the best things you can do is make sure your grilling area is well lit.  I can light up my cooking patio like it's high noon, so darkness is not a factor.

The lack of good lighting has been bumming me out this winter. I have to resort to a small torch held between my teeth to get it done lately. Tips appreciated.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    Welcome aboard ! Lots of good advice from the gang here ! One piece of advice be careful on windy days, especially if it is in a nest with mates. Heartbreak on this site is a broken egg, a bad cook is just "knowledge learned ! Make sure to shut her down before wheeling close to the house if you have yours in a nest.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Christmas, Easter, and Mother's day .... oops, thats Church.  I use my egg 3+ times a week.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin