Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Merry Christmas all.

Options
AlbertaEgger
AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
edited December 2017 in EggHead Forum
Have a good holiday everyone. It has been above freezing for so long this winter. NOT today though. Broke the traditional turkey and all the fixings that the wife and I have been doing for Xmas for probably 15 years. It was 
beef tenderloin 
lobster 
twide baked potatos
stuffed mushrooms
assortment of salads. 

And it’s damn cold out. Dog is even inside today. 

Sorry no good pics. 

Have a a great holiday everyone and stay safe. 

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Merry Christmas to you as well. I don't know how you do it. At those temps, I'd seal the doors and not leave til spring.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    Wow, that's cold. Merry Christmas to you and family!
    canuckland
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    DMW said:
    Merry Christmas to you as well. I don't know how you do it. At those temps, I'd seal the doors and not leave til spring.
    It’s tolerable. I don’t tend to try and take pictures while outside through. We have had a very warm winter so far. So it bites a little more when the cold hits so quick. And as mentioned before. It doesn’t matter how cold it gets. The eggs still get working. Had the large and mm working tonight. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Nice work. We weren't that cold, but it was below zero air temp and breezy for our Christmas ham. There's just something about cooking outdoors in frigid conditions (in my mind at least) that just makes it taste even better.
    Stillwater, MN
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Nice work. We weren't that cold, but it was below zero air temp and breezy for our Christmas ham. There's just something about cooking outdoors in frigid conditions (in my mind at least) that just makes it taste even better.
    It definitely tasted good. Sure missed the turkey cook. But we did a mix of something different that everyone got to pick to mix things up a bit. 
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Merry Christmas .. Googled the 'Stop Scaping' in your photo ... That was interesting.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    Merry Christmas .. Googled the 'Stop Scaping' in your photo ... That was interesting.
    Noticed how thin and 'loose' the frost is in the video? try that with a 1/4" or 1/8" glass-like frost. lol! For 'mickey mouse' frost like that I use an expired plastic card, both inside and out, works like a charm.
    canuckland
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    Noticed how thin and 'loose' the frost is in the video? try that with a 1/4" or 1/8" glass-like frost. lol! For 'mickey mouse' frost like that I use an expired plastic card, both inside and out, works like a charm.
    You are correct, if I had frost like that I would just shoot some windshield washer on there and be done with it.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)