Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Christmas Pets

Wolfpack
Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
Five years ago Santa brought the cutest little puppy to the kids.

Rivers still enjoys the tree and sniffing all the presents. We had to go to a fake tree this year to stop him from drinking all the water from the stand. 

Anyone expecting a Christmas surprise this year?

Greensboro, NC

Comments

• Merry Christmas rivers
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    Not Christmas pets, but both of these are rescues. First is Snow, then Tyson. Snow is a Maltipoo, Tyson a Maltese. 

• Well my dog will get surprised tomorrow when he gets dropped off at the dog hotel. I guess Santa Paws will just have to come a day late.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    I love my dog, parrots, gecko, and fish in that order. But never give a pet as a present. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Same problem @Gulfcoastguy. This one is perpetually on the naughty list. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Boxers are the best!
    extremely high maintenance but very rewarding!!
    i totally agree with the bed argument. Louie thinks he owns the entire bed!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • I have beagles. All they do is take up all the bed and fart, and bring dead rabbits in the house. Last week it was half a dead rabbit, head and front legs. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    keener75 said:
    Boxers are the best!
    extremely high maintenance but very rewarding!!
    i totally agree with the bed argument. Louie thinks he owns the entire bed!
    Awsome pics!  I never get tired of seeing it.  If the worst thing he does is hog the bed you are blessed.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Here is our oldest grandsons Christmas present from 2010, Hank, the PitBoxador. They moved to a home without a fence and Banister the Gangster stayed with us. I don't think my grandson has the heart to take my grilling sidekick away from me now !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • That's great. And happy for your family and even more for Rivers. However, far too often people get the obligatory puppy or kitten only to realize a furbaby needs love, attention, food, veterinarian visits, and crave human interaction. Some of these angels destroy property including but, not limited to...carpet, drywall, landscaping, furniture, shoes, DVDs, remote controls, automobile exterior pieces, eyewear, hats, sports equipment, dishes, etc.  And then the once enthusiastic human decides they can't handle it and drop them off to either a kill or non kill shelter. Not trying to be a d!ck but, it's reality. Furbaby's are a responsibility and shouldn't be a hasty decision. Merry Christmas. 
    Sounds like you had my last lab, Blake. I think he destroyed all that plus, socks, panties and house windows.  
  • Hankster the Gangster, or Hankenstein to the squirrels and chipmunk in our backyard.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • That's great. And happy for your family and even more for Rivers. However, far too often people get the obligatory puppy or kitten only to realize a furbaby needs love, attention, food, veterinarian visits, and crave human interaction. Some of these angels destroy property including but, not limited to...carpet, drywall, landscaping, furniture, shoes, DVDs, remote controls, automobile exterior pieces, eyewear, hats, sports equipment, dishes, etc.  And then the once enthusiastic human decides they can't handle it and drop them off to either a kill or non kill shelter. Not trying to be a d!ck but, it's reality. Furbaby's are a responsibility and shouldn't be a hasty decision. Merry Christmas. 
    Sounds like you had my last lab, Blake. I think he destroyed all that plus, socks, panties and house windows.  

This is one is too lazy to tear shît up. 
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    edited December 2017
    This guy and gal know how to celebrate(grand puppies)
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2017
    That's great. And happy for your family and even more for Rivers. However, far too often people get the obligatory puppy or kitten only to realize a furbaby needs love, attention, food, veterinarian visits, and crave human interaction. Some of these angels destroy property including but, not limited to...carpet, drywall, landscaping, furniture, shoes, DVDs, remote controls, automobile exterior pieces, eyewear, hats, sports equipment, dishes, etc.  And then the once enthusiastic human decides they can't handle it and drop them off to either a kill or non kill shelter. Not trying to be a d!ck but, it's reality. Furbaby's are a responsibility and shouldn't be a hasty decision. Merry Christmas. 
    Nope. Wasn't my story. It's an all too common tale though. My Furbabies are innocent angels. :giggle:
    Lord knows our outdoor Kitty never brings home snakes and leaves them damn near in the front door entrance. And he would never rip the head off of a bunny and leave its entrails and bunny parts everywhere on the front porch. Same same with a squirrel. No never :lol:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Oh my I have to tell this story.  Manny (as pictued above) was sound asleep on our bed.  Ms Bucky was ready for bed and slaped him on the rump to get him to move.  Well bad decision by him, starlted he nipped at her.  Not the words she said but the Way she said them....long story short, we found him the next morning in the living room.  He had moved the couch out from the wall and was hiding behind it on the hard wood floor.  She had to actually coach him out.  Poor big boy knew he messed up big time...rofl

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• NPHuskerFL
    @bucky925 So Mrs Bucky showed herself as the Alpha. Good on her. That pup will forever know she loves him but, will lay down the law. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited December 2017
    We're getting a feisty little Focker.  She does nothing but follow me around, yippin'.  She doesn't stay under the tree.  I'll have to rub her nose in it a few times before she learns.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    My rescue dogs were not Christmas presents but they managed to destroy some this year. The lady of the house had left some chocolate stocking stuffers hidden on the floor of our closet. One of the kids left the door to the master and the closet door open and they got into it. The aftermath involved a call to the the vet and very little sleep to me as I watched over them that night. Everything they managed to eat was low quality milk chocolate but there was some quantity. Neither one even threw up. My best gift is that they never chew up anything of mine, it’s always the girls stuff. 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited December 2017
    Current view. 
    "Me take up 3/4 of the bed? Never."
    Lili Ann :smiley: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Focker said:
    We're getting a feisty little Focker.  She does nothing but follow me around, yippin'.  She doesn't stay under the tree.  I'll have to rub her nose in it a few times before she learns.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Focker said:

edited December 2017
    DMW said:
    Focker said:

You're a hua hua follower.
    Think for huaself....bro.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DMW
    Focker said:
    DMW said:
    Focker said:

You're a hua hua follower.
    Think for huaself....bro.
    I do, bro...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    Focker said:

I'm resourceful too.
    5 min, a few Sharpies, and a Taco Bell doll my boy got with some Hardees Cali Raisins at an antique store.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DMW
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

I'm resourceful too.
    5 min, a few Sharpies, and a Taco Bell doll my boy got with some Hardees Cali Raisins at an antique store.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Focker
    edited December 2017
    DMW said:
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

I'm resourceful too.

You seem like a sheeple corporate guy, willing to do....whatever it takes.  I respect that.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities