Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Allegro Hot&Spicy Legs

Options
Marinated 8 hours, and plenty spicy. Not a real plated pic as these were cook-aheads, but I had to try one.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    edited December 2017
    Options
    OMG
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    The color is fantastic. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Lovely cook Doc. Would not pass those up.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice cook Doc!!! What is your smoke flavor of choice?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Never seen a leg rack before - cool.  I have some allegro - will give it a try!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Nice cook Doc!!! What is your smoke flavor of choice?
    These cook fast enough I don't use any chunks.  I think if I did it would be mesquite.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Allegro Hot and Spicy is my go to when I don’t want to get creative. 

How is do you like that rack? I got a boatload of drumsticks and was planning on lollipops this week. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Allegro Hot and Spicy is my go to when I don’t want to get creative. 

How is do you like that rack? I got a boatload of drumsticks and was planning on lollipops this week. 
    The rack makes nice even cooks without any skin pulling off on the grid.

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    You've inspired me.  I have that same exact rack, and I just went to the store and bought some legs and Allegro.  I really want that same color you achieved.  It looks like you grilled them raised direct? What temperature? How long? Did you touch them while cooking such as adding more marinade, or did you just leave them alone?
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Hub said:
    You've inspired me.  I have that same exact rack, and I just went to the store and bought some legs and Allegro.  I really want that same color you achieved.  It looks like you grilled them raised direct? What temperature? How long? Did you touch them while cooking such as adding more marinade, or did you just leave them alone?
    Those were marinated 8 hours and are plenty spicy depending on your taste.  Raised direct at 400 or a little less for 30 minutes before I looked at them.  Usually takes another 15 to 20 minutes to hit 180 internal.  I do not do anything to them except check the internal.

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Home run, Doc!

Awesome!  :)

I received a leg rack like that last year for Christmas, but I've never used it. Might be time to dig it out. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Just ordered my leg rack!  
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Allegro is all I use when it comes to my Deer Jerky!!!  Never really tried it on anything else.  It makes the best jerky so I'll have to try it... Maybe put a little in a bag of chicken with sous vide....
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!