Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prepping pizza ahead of time for party

Options
My twins 1st birthday is this Saturday and I am contemplating making the pizzas instead of ordering.  I'd be making three thin crust style pies.  My question is since life in general is crazy with twins can I make the pizzas ahead of time on parchment paper so I just throw them on when guests arrive?  If so how far in advance can I do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Absolutely.  When doing multiple pizzas I always use parchment (though some say it's cheating!) Get the stone up to 5-600, throw the pie on with parchment underneath (cut the paper so it's a similar shape as your pie), after 2-3 minutes I lift the pizza and remove the paper so it gets a few minutes of direct contact with the stone. 

Post pics!
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • theeggcellentchef
    Options
    Thanks @GoooDawgs!!  How far ahead of time can I make the pies on the parchment?
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    It can vary - I'd make the dough a couple days in advance of the party to let it rise, then make the pies the day before, put on the egg right before the party starts.  They'll take 6-8 minutes typically. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300