Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting bit by the Pit Viper is no Fun

Options
2»

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @r8rs4lf ... yep, the hidden screw stands proud with the motor removed.  have had no problems with it loosening.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    @r8rs4lf same thing happened to mine. You're correct, remove the fan to get to that screw.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Just FYI, if it is anything like Flame Boss pretty much any computer style fan will work.
    As long as it is 12v you will be good to go. Want to get an adapter so I can use the DigiGuru on my Drum smoker...really don't want to deal with BBQ GURU again. Neighbor has a lathe, may see if he can help me out. 
  • kindaquick14
    Options
    Bringing this old thread back up.  I smoked some ribs yesterday old-school without the use of my DigiQ as I had the same issue where the wires came off of the fan and disabled the unit.  Thought I might try my hand at soldering the wires back onto the unit, but first called BBQ Guru to plead my case.  They were very receptive of the issue and are sending a new unit!  Pretty sure mine was bought in 2014 or 2015, so it is definitely out of warranty.  However, their customer service came though for me!  Just thought I would share.  Top notch! :)
    Columbus, OH - XL BGE and Medium BGE
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Glad to hear their customer support is better than their dealer support was.  I think they're feeling the heat from FB's and know they need to step it up.

For everyone that likes to rip on the FB fan, there's a picture of the Guru fan........just a plastic fan inside of a shiny bracket.  FB now made theirs shiny and added a wind deflector, so the playing field should be level now.  B)
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Glad to hear their customer support is better than their dealer support was.  I think they're feeling the heat from FB's and know they need to step it up.

For everyone that likes to rip on the FB fan, there's a picture of the Guru fan........just a plastic fan inside of a shiny bracket.  FB now made theirs shiny and added a wind deflector, so the playing field should be level now.  B)
    I wonder how their new business plan is working out for them. 
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    Hot glue as a strain relief for a solder joint? Yikes.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    Those Damn Chinese 8 year olds that made these will not be getting their 50 cents this week !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Those Damn Chinese 8 year olds that made these will not be getting their 50 cents this week !

They're getting demoted back to the Nike factory!!