Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You know you're an Egger when...

2»

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited December 2017
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    Kent8621 said:
    RRP said:
    you know when...you drive a vehicle proudly displaying custom made decals on each side of your rear windows that only another egghead would understand!

BTW you might ask if what I posted was correct...yes...one on each side so whether I was passing or being passed a true egghead would see it and understand the meaning!

do you sell those decals to ron?
    sorry, but no I don't. I believe any people with the equipment called vinyl cutters or something like that can produce them. Just be careful about producing many, and stay under the BGE radar as this is a BGE design and they will want their pound of flesh if anybody makes them...

Kinda nuts, huh? Producing something to promote the BGE and they want to sue you if you want to help them!
    Yeah, copyright protection is weird and stuff.
    Got to agree with you to an extent, BUT unless a person is blatantly ripping off a company in MASS for the purpose of making money via VOLUME I still wonder why go after "Violet and Vinnie Vinyl" for creating a few window decals. I recall the guy who made these didn't even charge me for them nor even the postage! 
    Probably something about if you don't protect your trademarks and copyrights, you forfeit them. 
    Fine. Thank you for explaining that without going into legaleyze! BUT like I said  - when a person (fellow BGE enthusiastist) wants to show his/her star struck support then why should BGE corporate have the time and want the expense to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with that supportive person? 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    Kent8621 said:
    RRP said:
    you know when...you drive a vehicle proudly displaying custom made decals on each side of your rear windows that only another egghead would understand!

BTW you might ask if what I posted was correct...yes...one on each side so whether I was passing or being passed a true egghead would see it and understand the meaning!

sorry, but no I don't. I believe any people with the equipment called vinyl cutters or something like that can produce them. Just be careful about producing many, and stay under the BGE radar as this is a BGE design and they will want their pound of flesh if anybody makes them...

Kinda nuts, huh? Producing something to promote the BGE and they want to sue you if you want to help them!
    Got to agree with you to an extent, BUT unless a person is blatantly ripping off a company in MASS for the purpose of making money via VOLUME I still wonder why go after "Violet and Vinnie Vinyl" for creating a few window decals. I recall the guy who made these didn't even charge me for them nor even the postage! 
    Probably something about if you don't protect your trademarks and copyrights, you forfeit them. 
    Fine. Thank you for explaining that without going into legaleyze! BUT like I said  - when a person (fellow BGE enthusiastist) wants to show his/her star struck support then why should BGE corporate have the time and want the expense to have a "come to Jesus" 
    meeting with that supportive person? 

Because if they didn't, some non-BGE enthusiast money grabbing scum decided to rip off BGE trademarked or copyrighted material, BGE would have no legal recourse.  
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    Kent8621 said:
    RRP said:

Fine. Thank you for explaining that without going into legaleyze! BUT like I said  - when a person (fellow BGE enthusiastist) wants to show his/her star struck support then why should BGE corporate have the time and want the expense to have a "come to Jesus" 

Because if they didn't, some non-BGE enthusiast money grabbing scum decided to rip off BGE trademarked or copyrighted material, BGE would have no legal recourse.  
    Fine...I get it...and I am shutting my mouth and  mind and won't be making any more postings
     defending anybody loving a BGE without EXPRESS WRITTEN permission to do anything! 
  • Nobody is coming down hard on you Ron, its just the way it is with the laws. @DMW is right on this one. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Nobody is coming down hard on you Ron, its just the way it is with the laws. @DMW is right on this one. 
    I generally don't say something unless I'm right.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    DMW said:
    Nobody is coming down hard on you Ron, its just the way it is with the laws. @DMW is right on this one. 
    I generally don't say something unless I'm right.
    Troof!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    Kent8621 said:
    RRP said:

Fine...I get it...and I am shutting my mouth and  mind and won't be making any more postings
     defending anybody loving a BGE without EXPRESS WRITTEN permission to do anything! 
    C'mon Ron.  It's simply Friday night banter.  You of all people have been here long enough to get it.  We all value your experience and opinion, on food.  No one here requires permission, no one.  I'm working on making Dwayne get permission.  Just cuz he's such an aszhole.  Ease up man.  Have fun.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • RRP
    It's now 5:10 AM here and I have just read the follow up comments. Sorry if it sounded like I had my panties in a wad last night as I didn't!!!!

Happy Weekend, Everybody! =):)=)
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Still don't understand why he hates America...