Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

December 7, 1941

Just wanted to take a moment and remember the events from this day in 1941.   I got to see the USS Arizona Memorial during maneuvering watch when we pulled into Pearl on my 1st WESTPAC in 82.   I was a line handler topside on line #1 and it was a surreal experience.  It was at first dawn and the bay was glass like as we made our way to our berth.   Never forget that morning and the spiritual awareness of what the Memorial represents.  
Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 

Comments

• Great pic. My dad was in WWII at Iwo Jima as a Marine.  I've always wanted to visit the Pearl Harbor monuments.  Thanks for posting.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    My dad was on USS California from 1935 until late October, 1941, when he was sent to Washington DC for training.  Six weeks after he left, the California was sunk in the attack on Pearl Harbor. I didn’t know until years after he died.  Dad never talked about it.  I requested a copy of his service record, and pieced it together.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Visiting this memorial is #5 on my 'bucket list'. Great pic! Thanks.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Visiting this memorial is #5 on my 'bucket list'. Great pic! Thanks.
    Just curious, what are #1-4?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I went to Oahu in 2003 for a week trip and not visiting Pearl harbor and the AZ Memorial is a HUGE regret!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95