Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bummed because I am at the inlaws for thanks giving...

Options
2»

Comments

• BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    Thanksgiving- the day we celebrate Americans feeding undocumented aliens.
    Cooking on the coast
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I actually akorned the turkey ...really good. Dinner with people I've never met. 2 vegans and a vegetarian...ate their food...was away from my older kids for the first time...there's always something to be thankful for....except vegan pulled pork. Omg that **** sucked. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    henapple said:
    I actually akorned the turkey ...really good. Dinner with people I've never met. 2 vegans and a vegetarian...ate their food...was away from my older kids for the first time...there's always something to be thankful for....except vegan pulled pork. Omg that **** sucked. 
    What in the name of everything BBQ ever is that?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    Options
    It was like relish to me...I just went with it. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @henapple why do vegans always feel the need to hate our food and then try to make their food mimic ours?

I’ll be making ribs and turkey/cranberry ABTs tomorrow if you need to stop by for some good feelings. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Our food is dead vegans.
    Options
    Our food is dead vegans.
    Vegan babies drink milk.  Ponder that for a while.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • henapple
    Options
    They were cool about it...not militant...some of it was edible...just call it what it is. It's not a burger, pulled pork, sausage....it's filler
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    henapple said:
    They were cool about it...not militant...some of it was edible...just call it what it is. It's not a burger, pulled pork, sausage....it's filler
    Vegan chili made by the Brisket Camp lawyers is awesome.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    ChuckR said:
    They are so excited because they got everything from the Fresh market. They think it tastes delicious. It makes me want to vomit. They also believe that no one like to cook. At least it is only once every other year I have to do this. 

Did you ever think your wife may enjoy spending the day with her family and they with her.  Both of our parents are dead and we'd give anything to be able to spend a Thanksgiving Day with them, regardless of the menu.

Next year why don't you just stay home by yourself and confirm to them you're the inconsiderate bastard they've probably always thought you were. 

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    @Webass this thread lived and died already and the OP was pretty clear about being with family.

Did you run out of turkey already, or maybe you're a Miami fan?  No need to be a d!ck.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Soylent Green is dead vegans!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95