Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Flat Iron Steak any good?

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 4:36PM in EggHead Forum
Kroger has these on sale, are they good and what's the best way to cook them? -RP

Comments

• AZRP,[p]Very tasty cut of meat. Steve Raichlen has a recipe for these called Flat Iron Steaks Con Mucho Cerveza which I have made a couple times with great results. The recipe is on the BBQ University website.

• AZRP,[p]I got some at Kroger a while ago. I think they were great. I cooked them hot and fast. Good texture and great flavor. In fact I looked at some this past weekend.[p]E

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=207399&catid=1[/ul]
  • AZRP,
    z

• Land...whatchoo marryanatin' it in?
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Houndog,
    I checked out that recipe and it doesn't make any sense to me. He says to season the meat and rub it down with oil, then put it into the beer marinade. Seems to me the oil would prevent the marinade from doing its job. -RP

• BuzzyBuzzy Posts: 29
    AZRP,
    I've had this steak several times and it is tasty and tender. It kinda looks like a flank steak, but is a different cut and is much more tender.
    Kent

[ul][li]Flat iron info[/ul]
  • GriffinGaDawg,
    a semi sweet taste. Only use it on steaks occasionally. Use it mostly on pork.