Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Passwords - OT

Options
2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i write them on the wall next to the puter. could careless if someone broke thru, you want to take something then youre going to have to put something in first.
    =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    Another 1Password user here. Great program. I use a 6 word diceware (google it) generated password for my master password. Everything is synced to iCloud so even after reinstalling my operating system I only had to re-download the program from the App Store and my passwords, all different, were still available. 
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I'm still pretty much old school. 8 - 12 letters, and some numbers. A half dozen for different kinds of sites. Current info is that if the sites themselves are not set to reject a brute force attack, those are way too simple.

So it is better to use a long plain text phrase that can easily be remembered, "Jack and Jill went up the Hill to Fetch a Pail of Water" is way easier to remember for a human, and way harder for a computer attack then "onag8ne5m@2"

And as above, leave something on paper for people you trust. My father fell, and broke his hip. Was heavily sedated for weeks. After which, he couldn't remember a single password. Not even the 1 to get into the computer where his list was stored.

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I use Roboform and it is great.  It synchronizes to all my devices and computers.  Logon is automatic to most every site. 
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    Yesterday I would have recommended Lastpass, but it **** the bed this morning and lost all of my 18-digit-randomly-generated-passwords, so now I'm ****. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    Yesterday I would have recommended Lastpass, but it **** the bed this morning and lost all of my 18-digit-randomly-generated-passwords, so now I'm ****. 
    Contact LastPass they can recover the info. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    Sorta what happened back in September when my iMac suddenly went dark. Trying to reestablish your I.d  with two factor I.d is a mother especially when never sufficiently damned google is involved. At least I was finally able to backup my computer from the cloud. My google, yahoo, and YouTube accounts were a total loss as well as some documents that did not automatically backup to the cloud.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I store it as a phone number on my phone. I never spell the whole word out or the name of the site. And I usually always have my phone. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    Options
    smak said:
    I use LastPass with 2-factor authentication (password + yubikey).  I have it generate passwords for each site.    I have no idea what most of my passwords are. 
    Best post in this thread.  Same thing I do.
    War Damn Eagle!