Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Custom Wooden Handles

Options
Who on here makes custom wooden handles?
Large BGE Dallas, TX

Comments

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    I have several of Danny’s creations. Very satisfied. Please give his site a look!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • OhioEgger
    Options
    Very happy with the one he made for me, too.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    I concur with the comments regarding Danny's work.  I love the handle he did for me.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    I have 2 and absolutely enjoy them both.  I had heard a few years ago that he wasn't making them anymore due to a license issue or something.  But, if he will make them now...I would definitely consider Danny.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Logger said:
    I have 2 and absolutely enjoy them both.  I had heard a few years ago that he wasn't making them anymore due to a license issue or something.  But, if he will make them now...I would definitely consider Danny.
    He was doing handles with college logos and the NCAA took exception. So no more college logos. Not sure what he's doing now. Or whether he's still doing them. He did them very well though!

Don't know if Sparky from the other forum still doing these either. All sorts of patterns. Here's one. I know @Florida Grillin Girl has one too.

For a more formal look, amlwoodart.com does these...

Personally, I like Lawn Ranger's best. He does them with whatever name you want, but I wanted a plain, rustic handle. I asked him for a knot or two and this was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Not sure if he's still doing them. @RRP has some with names.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    edited November 2017
    Options
     Not sure what he's doing now. Or whether he's still doing them. He did them very well though!
    Still at it, I assume. Danny just made one for me in March of this year. Contact him at danlin [at] nb [dot] sympatico [dot] ca (email modified to prevent spam).

Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited November 2017
    Options
     Not sure if he's still doing them. @RRP has some with names.

The names I asked for aren't too creative, but I had Mike put these on mine. He used a Dremel.
    L - RRP Papa
    M- RRP Momma
    S-  RRP Junior
    Mi- RRP Baby

He even helped me to replace my old style bale handle on my Mini when I had the rigid strap for it.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Lawn Ranger made me my original handles way back in 2005 & 2006. Recently I contacted him through the forum to see if he still did handles. Mike was gracious enough to make me new handles that would fit the new style bands I bought for my 2 large eggs. All of Mikes work is 1st class!

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I am fortunate enough to have a few items from the Lawn Ranger.  Purchased my first BGE handle probably 14 or so years ago and I am currently refinishing it.  He does some very nice work.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    This is mine (old photo).  It's a dandy by Danny.

Flint, Michigan