Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monoprice Sous Vide circulator sale

Options
HeavyG
HeavyG Posts: 10,350
Monoprice has a bunch of stuff on sale items each week heading into Black Friday.

Their sous vide thingy is on sale for $48 this week. Might be of interest to anybody looking to get into sous vide rather inexpensively.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=122&cp_id=12239&cs_id=1223901&p_id=21594&seq=1&format=2
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I don't have experience with that particular item, but I have found a lot of monoprice's stuff to be crap.
    NOLA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    People do seem to have a love/hate relationship with Monoprice.

I've never had any problems with the few things I've bought from them. Almost all (if not all) of their stuff is just rebadged stuff.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• BizGreenEgg
    Options
    Looks like a great deal for someone interested in testing the sous vide waters.  I originally got a cheap sous vide from woot and have beat the hell out of it, but it keeps going.  Added a Joule since I liked the cheap one so much.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Dang that thing looks a lot like the ANOVA! 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• rekameohs
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    I don't have experience with that particular item, but I have found a lot of monoprice's stuff to be crap.
    I have bought a lot of Ethernet and HDMI cables from them over the years, and have found all to be top quality.  Not an failure/issue with any of them.  However, I have not purchased anything like this from them.
    Raleigh, NC
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    rekameohs said:
    buzd504 said:
    I have bought a lot of Ethernet and HDMI cables from them over the years, and have found all to be top quality.  Not an failure/issue with any of them.  However, I have not purchased anything like this from them.
    I agree. The items I have purchased have been working great. Certified HDMI cables have lifetime warranty. There are going strong in my HT system. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    What did you cook with this?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Gerbils?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    Gerbils?
    Well that makes my butt hurt.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    Gerbils?
    Such a personal problem to discuss on a public forum...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    Gerbils?
    Such a personal problem to discuss on a public forum...
    What are your Gerbils names?