Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Church / John Henry

Options
I haven’t tried either of these brands out yet for pulled pork, any suggestions?  Figured I’d ask you fellas first..
Large BGE - McDonald, PA

Comments

• Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Options
    Big fan of Meatchurch Gospel and Honey Hog.  Really good with pork
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Wanasmoke said:
    Big fan of Meatchurch Gospel and Honey Hog.  Really good with pork
    Yep. I like the Hobey Hog Hot but they are both great on pork. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    John Henry has excellent rubs. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Thanks for the comments odd to place an order, or two...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I use both rubs you won't be disappointed with either.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 895
    Options
    Read the ingredients. I don't know about John Henry, but the first ingredient in Meat Church (Gospel) is sugar. Followed by stuff I already have, like "spices" and paprika, onion, ...

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• RedSkip
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I ordered on Saturday and arrived from Texas on Monday afternoon, can’t beat that service.  @MeatChurch your company has definitely earned my business, thanks for the timely delivery!

Which On should we open first?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    Make sure to mix the hot with the Honey! I've replaced the seasonal with their holy gospal (holy cow/gospal mashed together) 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,734
    Options
    I love the Honey Hog on pork!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• RedSkip
    Options
    @bluebird66. Thanks for posting this, we have ribs and a decent Butt to do next weekend with a friend.  He has an electric smoker (blasphemy!), and doesn’t use it very much.  To the point he’s never done ribs,  butt, or brisket.  For Christmas, if he gets into his smoker, I’ll grab him a SRF and get him hooked for sure!  

Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I use the deez nuts and the honey hog on pork and everyone enjoys it.  the newer gospel one we did some pork belly burnt ends with and they were some of the best yet.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    I love what @MeatChurch is putting out. Especially The Gospel. However having tried John Henry’s Honey Rib Rub before Honey Hog, I find that the JH Honey is way better flavor profile for me especially on ribs. Not sure how it’s different. I like to add a dusting of cinnamon with either. 

Theyre both good companies and I wouldn’t hesitate to use either.

i like Papa Charlie’s Greek from JH on chicken thighs. Probably the most perfect rub on them. 
    Large BGE in Moore, OK