Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A simple cook in memory of a swell young guy...

2»

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Between this and @hotch thread about losing family, this is what I needed to hear. I've been sucking around for a month about work. These folks are really suffering. I need to suck it up and be thankful.  Sorry for the rant/selfish post. 

I'll roll some smoke tomorrow on a chili brisket in this young mans honor. 
  • Some extra burnt burnt ends to a kid who loved the smell of fresh charcoal burning in the morning.  RIP
    XL BGE
    WSM 18.5
    Currently live in Southern Oklahoma/ North Texas region
    Born and raised in Chicago! Da BEARS
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2017
    Between this and @hotch thread about losing family, this is what I needed to hear. I've been sucking around for a month about work. These folks are really suffering. I need to suck it up and be thankful.  Sorry for the rant/selfish post. 

No need for the apologies, you obviously get it bud.

One of my close colleagues at work showed me a pic of her grandson Wyatt, on the 11th floor at the U of IA's section facing Kinnick Stadium, what they call "Hawkeye Heaven", where the kids and fam watch the game, and the wave.

As tough as cancer is, it's posts like this, the pic she shared, that shed light on what's good about humanity, during the most trying of times.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• theyolksonyou
    Focker said:

One of my close colleagues at work showed me a pic of her grandson Wyatt, on the 11th floor at the U of IA's 11th floor section facing Kinnick Stadium, what they call "Hawkeye Heaven", where the kids and fam watch the game.

As tough as cancer is, it's posts like this, the pic she shared, that shed light on what's good about humanity, during the most trying of times.  

That Hawkeye wave is my new favorite "tradition" in all of sports 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Focker said:

One of my close colleagues at work showed me a pic of her grandson Wyatt, on the 11th floor at the U of IA's 11th floor section facing Kinnick Stadium, what they call "Hawkeye Heaven", where the kids and fam watch the game.

That Hawkeye wave is my new favorite "tradition" in all of sports 
    Agree 100%.
    It keeps getting better too.
    https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-marching-band-giant-wave
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Thank you @JohnEggGio, @hondabbq . and @NotEnoughSmoke

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Focker said:

One of my close colleagues at work showed me a pic of her grandson Wyatt, on the 11th floor at the U of IA's section facing Kinnick Stadium, what they call "Hawkeye Heaven", where the kids and fam watch the game, and the wave.

Very neat.

When I trained there, the kids would watch games from the top floor of the old hospital. The vantage point they have now  from the new kids' hospital is fantastic. The Wave is a really awesome show of support. I bet the kids are tickled to bits about it. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    So sorry to hear this, may Archit rest in peace. Been wanting to make our own buns but never gotten around to it.
    canuckland
  • theyolksonyou
    RIP young man

15# of beef over a brick.  Several batches of chili in your honor. 
  • caliking
    Thank you @theyolksonyou

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    What an absolutely terrible situation for the family. I hope that they can find some peace.  

Greensboro, NC
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    RIP :(
    Bring it home with a healthy slice of your sourdough. Toast the bread and cheeseburger on. Open face or regular sandwich and you got yourself some good eats. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou

Double batch of Saledo chili and burnt ends. 
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    A special prayer and candle will be lit at church tomorrow ( it's a catholic thing) for Archit.
    for my brothers and sisters here, please  tonite...tell your family members that u love them.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • caliking
    tml1230 said:
    A special prayer and candle will be lit at church tomorrow ( it's a catholic thing) for Archit.
    for my brothers and sisters here, please  tonite...tell your family members that u love them.
    Thank you, @tml1230. I was raised to respect all faiths. Your gesture is much appreciated.

And heartfelt thanks to all who have kept Archit and his family in their thoughts and prayers. Positive cosmic energy always helps. 

• caliking
    @theyolksonyou - he loved brisket and burnt ends the one time I made it for them when they were visiting. You may get extra credit :)

• theyolksonyou
    These were the best I've made!  Coincidence???
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    So sorry to hear about your buddy. Prayers to you, family, and friends. What a great way of remembrance for your friend!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • caliking
    These were the best I've made!  Coincidence???
    Who knows? :wink:

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Prayers for his family and friends what a great way to celebrate his life. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    So very sorry
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.