Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Chicken Enchiladas

Options
Chickens were smoked earlier this week (thought I had a pic but apparently not). I know, just trust me. One of them had DP Fajita-ish rub applied. Tonight it got turned into chicken enchiladas. Indirect at 450 with some jalapeño poppers underneath. Turned out delicious! The smokey flavor really came through without overpowering. 

XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX

Comments

• havertyj
    Options
    Looks amazing! The jalapeño poppers would not stand a chance if I were around.... What is that rack that you have? I am a newbie and curious what you are using there.
    ♦︎ John ♦︎ Large BGE ♦︎ Topeka, KS ♦︎ My Blog ♦︎
  • jdkeithbge
    Options
    That is the adjustable rig (AR) from the Ceramic Grill Store (CGS). You'll see those abbreviations throughout this forum. There's another recent thread going about this rig, and overall I'd recommend it.  In this case it is great for baking/roasting things high in the dome. 
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @havertyj

See @jdkeithbge signature?  It says CGS AR & spider. 

CGS stands for Ceramic Grill Store.  They have all sorts of rigs for you.  I see you have a large.  I also have a large.  I purchased the R&B combo plus a spider.  I have an assortment of stones, drip pans, etc. 

Their page for their large products is found here:
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/shop-large-adjustable-rig-for-large-big-green-egg

Tom from CGS is super helpful (as well as the folks on this forum - just usually not on a Friday night, however)

Welcome aboard!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Oh and @jdkeithbge

The enchiladas look amazing!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • havertyj
    Options
    @kl8ton @jdkeithbge Thank you both for the information. I will check out those CGS. Headed back to our local store tomorrow to pick up some more tools for cooking and preparing to cook. See what I come out of there tomorrow having purchased. 
  • kl8ton
    Options
    havertyj said:
    @kl8ton @jdkeithbge Thank you both for the information. I will check out those CGS. Headed back to our local store tomorrow to pick up some more tools for cooking and preparing to cook. See what I come out of there tomorrow having purchased. 

Good times @havertyj
    As many have said here before, and many will say again, the initial egg purchase was nothing compared to what lies ahead.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    havertyj said:

Good times @havertyj
    As many have said here before, and many will say again, the initial egg purchase was nothing compared to what lies ahead.
    The razor blades
    New Albany, Ohio 

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Those enchiladas look good. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • havertyj
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    havertyj said:

Good times @havertyj
    The razor blades
    Uh oh! Headed to the local store here shortly to pick up more items. Hopefully no razor blades though. :) I need a good grill scrapper and might be getting the cast iron grate that I looked at when we bought the BGE.
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    Looks delicious! One of my favorites!
    LBGE
    AL