Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wooden carrying device that converts into table for small egg

Options
I have been gone for a long time but remember someone sharing plans for building a stand for the small egg that flips over and becomes a carrying device for the small with handles.  Does anyone remember this and if so could it be re-posted.  I can't seem to find it.

Comments

• Kilo
    Kilo Posts: 11
    Options
    What I also remember is that it made it easy to put in the back of a vehicle and transport
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you are thinking of the box @focker made for his small.  Maybe he will be along later. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Kilo
    Kilo Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes it was like a wooden box and seemed like simple solution
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    If you type in "carrier small egghead forum" under images in Google you can see some of the different examples of wooden carrier tables. Unfortunately most of the pictures won't enlarge with the Photobucket fiasco. Hopefully focker can get you hooked up outside of Photobucket   
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Back when this was much a friendlier place, I used Wess' link as a starting point.

http://www.wessb.com/Tips/smtransport/small_transporter.htm

Made the top piece wider, cut handles with a 1" spade bit and jigsaw, buddy ripped some $1 split firebricks.  Handles are tough to see, but one is under the tongs.  Had some leftover nomex for the hole and pads for the feet.  

My egg stays in the same place during transport and use, just slide it out and light.  HTH
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."