Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cigar Smokers

Options
i have always enjoyed a cigar from time to time but have recently gotten more in to them. I'm not looking to break the bank, but am looking for a nice starter humidor. Any suggestions?
Memphis raised me, T-Town made me...Aint never been nothing but a winner

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    PM sent

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    unless you want something purty for your desktop a sealed rubbermaid container or cooler will work fine
  • bryan_h
    bryan_h Posts: 5
    Options
    I have found that a cooler-dor works best for me. I am in South GA so the extra insulation helps in keeping the temps where I want them. Plus they are rather inexpensive to make and you can make any size you need. I keep mine in a closet away from any exterior walls. Just make sure you monitor the temp and humidity. Stay away from the cheap desktop humidors. In my experience they dont seal well and you will be chasing temp and humidity quite often.
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    I also recommend a tuppador. My wife bought me a nice looking, not real cheap, desktop humidor and it didn't work for crap. Switched to a Rubbermaid container and never looked back. Just open every few days to refresh the air and you're good to go. I do have a little jar of those gel beads that control the humidity and a little hygrometer to monitor as well. 
    Large BGE in Moore, OK