Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egger - First Cook

Options
2»

Comments

• Smokin_Trout
    Options
    You can tell a virgin by the color inside. 
    Welcome read lots and cook lots. 
    Good luck to your wallet!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Very nice! I see you put the conveggtor in with the legs down. Was that from a recipe or was that your instinctive decision? Just curious. Beautiful looking bird I bet it tasted equally as great!
  • NorthernQ
    Options
    Very nice! I see you put the conveggtor in with the legs down. Was that from a recipe or was that your instinctive decision? Just curious. Beautiful looking bird I bet it tasted equally as great!
    I wasn't using a drip tray because of the pan I sat the chicken inside of, so I didn't think it would matter legs up or down. Wasn't really following a recipe, just rubbed herbs on it and poured liquid in the ceramic sitter and cooked at 270-280 until it reached temperature on the probe with some applewood chunks in the fire. It was great!  Still getting used to cooking off temperature with the lid down. Keep having to stop myself from opening and looking. 
  • LindenEmry
    Options
    Great job!  Welcome to the forums!
    In cooking you have to have a what-the-hell attitude. The only real stumbling block is fear of failure.   ~Julia Child

LBGE, 22" Traeger, and a  FireDisc deep in the heart of Texas

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Great looking bird... Welcome!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice!  My first cook was a big baking hen.  Ended up throwing it in the trash.