Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Green Egg for sale in San Diego $100 on craigslist

Options
Just posting for anyone interested or looking for a project.  This is not mine but I happen to see it on Craigslist.
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/app/d/green-egg-barbecue-charcoal/6273147486.html

San Diego, CA

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Oh man. I was just in San Diego yesterday - had I known, I'd of picked this up in a snap.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • windnsea26
    windnsea26 Posts: 159
    Options
    I would have totally got it if I didn't just pick up my second last week.  Dunno what I'd tell the wife if I got a third...
    San Diego, CA
  • windnsea26
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I would have totally got it if I didn't just pick up my second last week.  Dunno what I'd tell the wife if I got a third...
    Just tell her she needs to get her eyes checked if she sees three!
    I just emailed the guy just in case when I saw the post.  If it's meant to be, I'll get it today.
    San Diego, CA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Looks a little suspect to me 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    At $100...I would stretch it a little and say it was free...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options

The bolt cutters in the picture tell me it might have been "liberated". :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    Wonder if they were cutting their meat up with those loppers, a green egg accessory?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Those are lopping shears for pruning trees.  :|
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Interesting feature: "Porcelain so it doesn't get hot and dangerous on outside." 

Sure, dude. 
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Looks like I will have a second large. Thanks for the tip.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • windnsea26
    Options
    Brason, did you contact him?
    San Diego, CA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Those are lopping shears for pruning trees.  :|
    T'was a joke son. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Waiting for the 'But, it doesn't come with a warranty' response ...
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • windnsea26
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Waiting for the 'But, it doesn't come with a warranty' response ...
    That crossed my mind but I figure after $100 as long as there are no cracks, it's a no brainer.
    San Diego, CA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'd jump on that like a free bottle of Woodford 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    henapple said:
    I'd jump on that like a free bottle of Woodford 
    Or jump on it like everybody does your mom?   :o

Little Rock, AR

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Suspicious the ad is still up.  Beware of paypal to hold it, or maybe you just have to carry it down 10 flights of stairs. 
    Options
    Suspicious the ad is still up.  Beware of paypal to hold it, or maybe you just have to carry it down 10 flights of stairs. 
    I wired money to a Western Union in Romania.  I fully expect the post to be removed.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Brason
    Options
    I reached out and he had 1 person before me in line. He would know at 6 if it was sold. I just sent him another email.

Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • windnsea26
    Options
    I hope you get it!
    San Diego, CA
  • Brason
    Options
    It sold yesterday.

Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • nolaegghead
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The way to buy (that I used) a used BGE on Craig's list is to call as soon as you see the ad.  Chances are you're not the first caller.  Offer an extra $20 over asking price.  Worked for me.
    Options
    Good tip Nolaegghead.  If I was looking for me, I wouldn't have even posted it:)
    San Diego, CA
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    The way to buy (that I used) a used BGE on Craig's list is to call as soon as you see the ad.  Chances are you're not the first caller.  Offer an extra $20 over asking price.  Worked for me.
    So you're who snaked that last one I tried to buy. I saw one locally pop up that was underpriced. I texted the guy " I want it, I have cash and a truck, and  I can be there tomorrow." That was about 9pm. Next morning he sends me a  text " Are you still interested?"  WTF I told him I  wanted it.  I told him yes. No further communications after that.  So someone must have offered more money. Thanks a lot Nola.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    So you're who snaked that last one I tried to buy. I saw one locally pop up that was underpriced. I texted the guy " I want it, I have cash and a truck, and  I can be there tomorrow." That was about 9pm. Next morning he sends me a  text " Are you still interested?"  WTF I told him I  wanted it.  I told him yes. No further communications after that.  So someone must have offered more money. Thanks a lot Nola.
    You have to get up real early in the morning to out do @Nolaegghead....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • windnsea26
    Options
    Here is a Kamado for $500. I bet you can knock the price down a little:
    https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/hsh/d/kamado-smoker-cooker/6270394274.html
    San Diego, CA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Avondale - medium
    td66snrf said:
    If it was a medium in Avondale, yep, that was me!  SORRY!