Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Jay Cutler...you're fired!!!

Options

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I know you guys are glad to see Cutler go but Mike Glennon?? C'mon man! 
    Hey now- he's better than Cutler. Decent arm, smart with the ball, and not as slow as Rivers. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Focker said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxCkSJZsms
    I might actually watch the Bears again, now that Crybaby Cutler is gone.
    8 years of Cleveland Brownsesque misery.
    Thought bringing him on was a douche move 8 years ago, and even more so today.
    Virginia should've been evaluated after handing him a 100 million dollar check. 

The epic Young, Ray Ray, Dilfer rant after Monday night against the Saints spoke volumes. 

I could throw a Crybaby Cutler got fired party I'm so happy. 
    So long....sucker.
    I think Alshon Jeffery is leaving for the Eagles.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just heard that the Bears signed Glennon for 3 years for 43 million. Out of the frying pan into the fire. Apologies to DoubleEgger.
    At least we don't know he sucks yet.
    Here we go again. 
    Whoop-dee-Fockin-doo
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Well at least you didn't get Osweiler.... yet. 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    XC242 said:
    I heard Green Bay might pick him up as a backup since he's been so good over the past 8 years throwing the ball to the Packers players...
    I felt the same way about Favre in his last few years. I hated to see Rodgers take over. 
    What was it, 2009 when Favre went to the Vikings. Several of us were at a meeting along with some Vikings fans during the season and they were all excited cause the team was playing really well and they just knew it was finally gonna be their year. We just chuckled and told them to wait and see, Favre would throw an interception that would rip their guts out (we'd been there). They just laughed. Sure enough, he threw late across the middle for an interception in the NFC championship game against the Saints. We just chuckled...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Focker
    Options
    Or Romo
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Focker said:
    Or Romo

• Focker
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hahahahaha
    He would last one play with the Bears O line. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited March 2017
    Options
    blind99 said:
    I don't put all the blame on cutler. That guy had the snot beat out of him when the bears gave him no offensive line. His brains must be scrambled. 

The whole organization is a joke. We've seen the blackhawks get turned around and succeed, and even the cubs. The bears were a team with such pride - a direct line to the origins of pro football. It seems like ownership doesn't care at all the past 5-10 years, so I feel like why should I?  Sucks being a bears fan. (But no way I'd ever switch to the Packers. I'd rather be spiteful.)
    I hear you! Yes-their linemen never seemed to understand their job
    purpose - unless it was in fact to punish Culter!

I'm not sure if you are a dyed in the wool life long Chicago resident but I'm assuming so. While I'm downstate here in IL adjacent to Peoria I'd like to share a personal experience.
    For years we always vacationed down South, but one HOT summer we decided to wander up to WI. with no particular destination in mind. By accident we got lost one late Sunday afternoon near Rhinelander even though we had already checked in to a Holiday Inn. When I saw a sign about a roadhouse "this way" I drove there to hopefully get help. Long story, but those people leaving the roadhouse saw my license plate and snickered when I ask for help! When I went in to the bar where I could be just a "lost soul" I found nothing but helpful people, even ones drawing helpful maps on napkins to get us back to the HI.
    On top of that we ended up returning to that lodge on Lake Thompson the next day for a week's stay and then returned every summer for 9 more years. Did I EVER learn why people in WI hated people from IL...particularly Chicago and it sure the sh*t isn't a Bears vs the Packers issue! B)

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Maybe the Bears will make it back to 8-8.  =)

Only one team wins. The rest are losers. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    RRP said:
    blind99 said:
    I don't put all the blame on cutler. That guy had the snot beat out of him when the bears gave him no offensive line. His brains must be scrambled. 

The whole organization is a joke. We've seen the blackhawks get turned around and succeed, and even the cubs. The bears were a team with such pride - a direct line to the origins of pro football. It seems like ownership doesn't care at all the past 5-10 years, so I feel like why should I?  Sucks being a bears fan. (But no way I'd ever switch to the Packers. I'd rather be spiteful.)
    I hear you! Yes-their linemen never seemed to understand their job
    purpose - unless it was in fact to punish Culter!

I'm not sure if you are a dyed in the wool life long Chicago resident but I'm assuming so. While I'm downstate here in IL adjacent to Peoria I'd like to share a personal experience.
    For years we always vacationed down South, but one HOT summer we decided to wander up to WI. with no particular destination in mind. By accident we got lost one late Sunday afternoon near Rhinelander even though we had already checked in to a Holiday Inn. When I saw a sign about a roadhouse "this way" I drove there to hopefully get help. Long story, but those people leaving the roadhouse saw my license plate and snickered when I ask for help! When I went in to the bar where I could be just a "lost soul" I found nothing but helpful people, even ones drawing helpful maps on napkins to get us back to the HI.
    On top of that we ended up returning to that lodge on Lake Thompson the next day for a week's stay and then returned every summer for 9 more years. Did I EVER learn why people in WI hated people from IL...particularly Chicago and it sure the sh*t isn't a Bears vs the Packers issue! B)

If you get back up there, ask if they actually teach driving prior to issuing a license. Good lord!!  =)
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Maybe the Bears will make it back to 8-8.  =)

Only one team wins. The rest are losers. 
    That's exactly how I feel being a Steelers fan. Anything less than the Lombardi trophy is unacceptable. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    He should just go home to his hot wife and huge bank account and live happily ever after. 
    He just needs to watch out for mumps and rubella now.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options

If you get back up there, ask if they actually teach driving prior to issuing a license. Good lord!!  =)
    Pete...you mean Impaired Driving 101 or some advanced class?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Massive Midwest butt hurt.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    RRP said:

Pete...you mean Impaired Driving 101 or some advanced class?
    Take your pick.

You can have 4 lanes in each direction and four cars will drive 1/2 mph under the limit side by side for miles. It's clear they aren't aware there is a rear view mirror or side mirrors in order to see what is behind you. Two and ten and eyes straight ahead ALL DAY! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Talk about NFL starved fans.  I would have totally lost an over/under on the number of posts that this thread would generate (under all the way)..  Cutler is definitely a lightening rod and I get that...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Talk about NFL starved fans.  I would have totally lost an over/under on the number of posts that this thread would generate (under all the way)..  Cutler is definitely a lightening rod and I get that...
    Karl Wallenda, the patriarch of the Wallendas of tight rope walking fame said in an interview "life is the wire, everything else is waiting around." For many, myself included, TV is football, everything else is waiting around.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited March 2017
    Options
    XC242 said:
    XC242 said:
    I heard Green Bay might pick him up as a backup since he's been so good over the past 8 years throwing the ball to the Packers players...
    I felt the same way about Favre in his last few years. I hated to see Rodgers take over. 
    What was it, 2009 when Favre went to the Vikings. Several of us were at a meeting along with some Vikings fans during the season and they were all excited cause the team was playing really well and they just knew it was finally gonna be their year. We just chuckled and told them to wait and see, Favre would throw an interception that would rip their guts out (we'd been there). They just laughed. Sure enough, he threw late across the middle for an interception in the NFC championship game against the Saints. We just chuckled...
    I think the Vikes got the last laugh. Favre will forever have a purple jersey hanging is his Hall of Fame locker.  ;)=)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    always had mixed feeling about the guy.    he's a type I diabetic.   i always wondered if, despite modern medicine, that affected his system as a whole -- mind/body.     could it be partially responsible for his aloofness?   possibly.   but at the end of the day, he was generally not one to backstab his teammates, generally acted more professionally than most would given circumstancees (such as handling the  Brandon Marshall antics, or the backstabbing from one of his coordinators).    As a football player though -- horrible, totally overpaid, and a slow learner. 

on a side note  -- i AM a brandon  marshall fan.    felt like people tried to overblow and over-react to everything about him.....

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I know you guys are glad to see Cutler go but Mike Glennon?? C'mon man! 
    I hear ya, but if you're going to pay a guy that sucks, pay him very little.
    The guaranteed money is "reasonable" for the risk.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    @dmchicago, true, plus I heard that contract has no dental plan.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Bump because Cutler sucks 

• Focker
    Options
    A no chump bump.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Focker said:
    A no chump bump.

I believe it's "one pump chump".  FTFY
    Flint, Michigan
  • odie91
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The new kid looked pretty good last night.  Granted a lot of short routes, but even those require accuracy, timing, and QB/WR chemistry and were throws that Jay managed to screw up.  The kids got the tools, hoping for a the best.     Down in Florida, the fans are already getting a taste of the apathetic personality of their new QB with that first news conference lol....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9URjC1pUv1A

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    When Jay was with the Bronco's several years ago, he lived in Parker just down the street from my brother. My brother introduced me to him. Nice guy.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • odie91
    Options
    I said he's apathetic, but didn't say he isn't nice ;)  I really think part of his attitude may stem from the affect of diabetes....
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Trubisky looked real good last night. I think they have something to work with, he reminded me of Farve when he was a rookie with the Falcons in preseason. 

Johns Creek, Georgia