Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finished table for LBGE

Options
Cedar frame with concrete countertop (first time, not last)
Atlanta, GA

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Really nice man! Did you do the countertops yourself? I have been wanting to do this for my table since I've caught my wood top on fire several times lol
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
    Options
    Wow, that is nice. Love the hanging barn door. Very clever.
  • brock9281
    brock9281 Posts: 64
    Options
    @slovelad yes I did the concrete countertop myself and was first time I've worked with concrete. Surprisingly easy
    Atlanta, GA
  • slovelad
    Options
    brock9281 said:
    @slovelad yes I did the concrete countertop myself and was first time I've worked with concrete. Surprisingly easy
    Can you give me the short version of how you did it? What Crete you used?
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    That's awesome!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • brock9281
    Options
    slovelad said:
    brock9281 said:
    I used Sankrete 5000psi. Made mold with melamine, mixed, poured half, laid remesh, poured rest...2 days later removed mold...2 days later flipped, filled bug holes w/ Portland cement mixture...1 day later sanded with multiple grits...1 day later sealed with multiple coats and waxed. 
    Atlanta, GA
  • slovelad
    Options
    brock9281 said:
    slovelad said:
    brock9281 said:
    I used Sankrete 5000psi. Made mold with melamine, mixed, poured half, laid remesh, poured rest...2 days later removed mold...2 days later flipped, filled bug holes w/ Portland cement mixture...1 day later sanded with multiple grits...1 day later sealed with multiple coats and waxed. 
    @brock9281 thanks brother! What method did you use to shake the mold to get bubbles out?
  • brock9281
    Options
    slovelad said:
    brock9281 said:
    slovelad said:
    brock9281 said:
    @brock9281 thanks brother! What method did you use to shake the mold to get bubbles out?
    Beat it with a rubber mallet for about 30-mins
    Atlanta, GA
  • WDE86
    WDE86 Posts: 69
    Options
    slovelad said:
    brock9281 said:
    slovelad said:
    brock9281 said:
    @slovelad running an orbital Sandler underneath the mold does a good job of shaking the air bubbles out too 
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Nice work on the table, and what an excellent setting.
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nice job!
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Great job, nice smooth finish and like the sliding door, great idea there.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)