Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temporary Coop Bakes Temporary Bread At Temporary House

I finally got around to putting Lola Large back together today. 

Lola, along with Shirley Small and Mini-Maxine all wanted to ride over to Covington with Spring Hen and myself in the big red truck. But Lola had to be shrunk down a lot to fit in the truck. And her under-ware came separately on the big yellow truck. No telling where it is among all the stuff in two storage sheds. 

So I figured it was time to put her back to work. 

She kinda turned her nose up at the concrete blocks, but Shirley Small had grown accustomed to hers and told Lola it really wasn't so bad. I put them together out by the old well shed. 

Meanwhile, I wanted some bread and I figured why not let Lola take it on... 

Here's the story. 

https://youtu.be/YDAaFRAmus4 

I gotta say, a chicken like me sure needs a good chicken coop. The last one was a hoot, and more fun than a rooster in a hen house. So another one is high on the list once we land in Terra Mariae. 

Spring "The Coop Was Downsized Too" Chicken 
Covington Louisiana USA

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You're in Covington?   Hey neighbor!
    You're in Covington?   Hey neighbor!
    Hey back atcha neighbor! Yep, been here since we sold our house in Spring Texas. We're renting Temporary House while ours is being built a couple of miles from here.  99% of our belongings are hidden away in two large/expensive storage rooms, so we're 'roughing it.'  I gave away two of my Eggs and sold one before leaving Texas, so we're down to just three.  They rode over with us in my Avalanche rather than take the big yellow truck.  So we're not exactly hurting.  We hope to be 'installed' in the new house by Christmas.  Unless something drastic happens, we'll be here until the end.  I've started the video series of us moving and building.  When finished, I'll be able to say to friends and strangers alike, "Want to see our very private videos?" and watch 'em squirm for two hours while trying hard to cut and run LOL...