Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flank steak, black bean & rice burrito

Alexis brought home a half of a flank steak yesterday.  I've seen small flank steaks but I've never seen a half flank steak sold like that.  I don't want to know what happened to the other half....but here's what I did with mine.

Preheated one of my large Eggs to 450°f.  I seasoned the flank steak with my beef rub (kosher salt, Malabar black pepper, granulated garlic, dried shallot, dried red bell pepper, ancho, and guajillo chile). 

For the black bean burrito filling, I crisped some bacon. Then I seasoned chopped onion and red bell pepper and sauteed them in the rendered fat.  I added the black beans and bacon back in for about 2 minutes. 

I grilled the flank steak 4 1/2 minutes per side. 

I sliced the flank steak after a rest and put it all together on a tortilla.  I added some locally made roasted garlic and black pepper cheese on top before rolling it up. 

Awesome on a warm Friday evening.  Next time I'd add some cilantro in the mix and add some crema.  I would have done that this time but I was out of both.  

Hope you all are off to a great weekend.  I've got a couple of pork bellies and a whole beef strip loin for tomorrow.
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments