Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Joetisserie and Rutland... Why Not

The_Stache
The_Stache Posts: 1,153
Thanks Ron.

Kirkland, TN
2 LBGE, 1 MM

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    If you want one on top I would glue to the top of the Joetisserie. BTW I know for a fact one egger has already ordered an extra piece for doing exactly that.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • The_Stache

Not sure why this didn't post earlier
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• RRP

Not sure why this didn't post earlier
    See?  At least my feeble mind knew that "somebody" did, but I didn't remember who it was! =)
  • Nice. I see the Costco Joe Show was good today. 

Ron my gasket got here today. Thanks again. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Dammit, y'all are gonna make me give Ron more money now.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• TN_Sister_State
    The better question for @The_Stache is what's under that tarp on the lift in the background?
    Franklin, Tn

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351

Looks good from here! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• TN_Sister_State
    Nice car man.
    Franklin, Tn

• RRP
    The better question for @The_Stache is what's under that tarp on the lift in the background?
    61 MGA Coupe

OH MY GOD!!!!
    That reminds me so much of my 56 MGA 1500 roadster which I bought for $300 in 1964 when I was a starving college student but wanted a sports car to drive SO BAD while still in college! Of course mine at $300 didnt look that gorgeous! 

After spending another $300 which I still didn't really have I had achieved my college dream and college degree! Pat and I got married and left MO in 1966 for Chicago with "all" our worldly possessions crammed here and there in the trunk and behind the seats so you can see how poor we really were!

Man-oh-man thanks for posting that picture! 

• RRP
    RRP said:
    61 MGA Coupe

OH MY GOD!!!!
    That reminds me so much of my 56 MGA 1500 roadster which I bought for $300 in 1964 when I was a starving college student but wanted a sports car to drive SO BAD while still in college! Of course mine at $300 didnt look that gorgeous! 

After spending another $300 which I still didn't really have I had achieved my college dream and college degree! Pat and I got married and left MO in 1966 for Chicago with "all" our worldly possessions crammed here and there in the trunk and behind the seats so you can see how poor we really were!

Man-oh-man thanks for posting that picture! 

BTW when I showed your picture to my beloved wife of 51 years I said something like "I'd give my left nut for that" and she something like "might as well" and then rolled on the floor laughing! Women... :|
  • The_Stache
    Nice car man.
    Thanks... I'm into British punishment! :)
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• The_Stache
    RRP said:
    Since some here want a picture as proof...

Cool picture!  Thanks Ron!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• The_Stache
    Very very nice @The_Stache
    Thank you Sir!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    @TN_Sister_State  You need to ask what that part of a wheel (upper left) goes to. As well as whats on the rack above the MGA.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• TN_Sister_State
    Alright, I'll have to get the down low in July.
    Franklin, Tn

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Nice car man.
    Thanks... I'm into British punishment! :)
    A guy I used to work with out of of Nashville was into British punishment as well. He did say that Lotus was worse. 
  • RRP
    I knew a guy with a Morgan which basically was just sheet metal over a wooden frame. Honest...his car started to rot from inside to out from worms! They figured some of the lesser wood parts must have had larvae.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    I think anybody that has been around older British cars is well acquainted with Lucas - Prince of Darkness and the gazillion jokes about Lucas Electrics.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 900
    Ah, yes. A friend bought a 1965 Mini Cooper in 1973 and spent several happy years restoring it. He asked me to take him to pick it up and follow him home, because only third gear worked. It was fun sitting behind him at every traffic light watching him pop the clutch to get going.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 900
    Back on topic, when I got my BGEtisserie I checked it out very carefully using the old dollar bill test and determined that it really didn't need a Rutland or even a full gasket, but still needed something. I had some old Nomex gasket around and I put it on only the front half if the BGEtisserie. That was back in September of last year and it has been perfect since then.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • The_Stache
    OhioEgger said:
    Back on topic, when I got my BGEtisserie I checked it out very carefully using the old dollar bill test and determined that it really didn't need a Rutland or even a full gasket, but still needed something. I had some old Nomex gasket around and I put it on only the front half if the BGEtisserie. That was back in September of last year and it has been perfect since then.
    I think Nomex should work great.  On my egg, I was already running a Rutland after about the 4th replacement gasket failed (burned off) so I have no gasket on the dome at all so it was ceramic to bare metal.

I did a rotisserie cook last night and found the Rutland worked out very well.  B.R. (before Rutland) on the BGETisserie, I had a number of smoke leaks.  A.R. (after Rutland) I did not see any leaks except where the spit goes in.

I had to "fiddle" a bit for best closure, but all in all, I'm happy with the results.

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    RRP said:
    Since some here want a picture as proof...

Great pic my friend.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    edited June 2017
    Might be missing something here, but don't see the need for a gasket because most of the smoke escapes through the spit rod opening anyways. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)