Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dove Breast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any good ideas for cooking dove breast on my new egg???

Comments

• Tom Garvey, This my favorite way. Marinate the breast in italin dressing for a couple of hours. I then cut the breast into half. Take a water chestnut, jalopeno pepper and small piece of cream chese and wrap the breast around them. Take a 1/2 piece of bacon and place round the brest. Place a tooth pick through the bacon, dove breast, water chest nut, jalopeno pepper and the cream cheese to hold every thing togther. Then grill on the Green Egg at about 450 for 10 - 15 mins. I usually will cook this at our duck camp or our deer camp. And we don't have ant left overs[p]recipe:
    dove breasts
    italin dressing
    small can of chines chest nuts
    cream cheese
    jalopenos
    bacon
    tooth picks[p]

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Tom Garvey,[p]I soak them in italian dressing..[p]then coat them in equal parts of flour,corn meal, and grill them on the egg indrect untill crispy..
  • Capt. Dan
    Options
    Tom Garvey,
    Take a Jalapeno and cut it in half, remove seeds and membrane,put 1/2 a dove breast fillet(no bone)in Jalapeno, fill remainder of jalapeno with cream cheese, sprinkle with garlic powder and season salt, wrap with bacon and spear it with a toothpick to hold together. Cook indirect at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes. Everyone will love 'em. Dan

• Popsicle
    Options
    Capt. Dan has it right. The key is to remove all bone befor stuffing jalapeno. I also use thick sliced bacon just to allow for longer cooks.
    Glad you got some dove. South opens on 22. Whitewing were very scarce for the special season so come on northers. Bring us some dove. Pop
    Willis Tx.